10

Days went after days...Link stood by the window and stared at the sky. Zelda did not return to school, nor went out, nor he received letters from her. He wrote and sent almost every day, but no response...Link started to speak rarer and rarer, and he completely stopped smiling. The thought of Zelda no longer loving him mentally tortured him. Link as well lost interest in everything he enjoyed doing: drawing, playing with legos and action figures, running around in the woods. His life turned into nothing but solitude, school, homework, and shooting practice.

Ole, Casey, and Benjamin noticed Link's dearth of happiness and speech, and they figured out it was because of Zelda leaving school. They enjoyed watching solitude and melancholia take over Link, and to make it worse, they derided their bunkmate for missing Zelda. Every single day, before, during, and after school, Link heard the words "forget about her! She loves someone else now! She's not writing back, which means she doesn't love you!" from his bunkmates. The intimidating threats he received from them as a young child still haunted him; he still did not report their behavior to the staff.

Long weeks dragged by, which turned into months, and then years. Link turned into a depressed young man who never smiles, hardly speaks, and eats food to make himself happier from a happy little boy. School became more grueling and exhausting, teachers became more austere, the amounts of homework increased, and Atticus put more pressure on Link during shooting practice.

Five long years without Zelda passed by. There were eight and a half hours remaining until tenth grade, the last year of school. Link returned to the orphanage from shooting practice covered in dirt and sweat. Just a few more weeks until the ceremony. Link had to get the Master Rifle at the ceremony. He knew all that training was worth it.
After the young man showered and cleaned off the sweat, he got into his bunk, pulled out his diary and began writing another entry.

August 31, year M

Today I practiced shooting again for eight hours straight. In two and a half weeks a ceremony will be held at the president's office, and he will choose who deserves to carry the Master Rifle. It's definitely going to be me. I've been training since I was a four-year-old kid, every day for at least one-fourth of a day, plus I have the Triforce. Last week I went to show the president my abilities, and now he needs time to decide which candidate will be chosen. Hylia, please let it be me! And other than that, my life has been a complete fucking mess. Ever since Zelda left school in sixth grade, I have not heard from her nor seen her. I wrote her letters, but she never wrote back...what if she really doesn't love me anymore? Argh, thinking about this is killing me!! I can't...the thought of her being happy without me is a torture. What if she has another man? I've been looking all over the internet for her social media accounts, I could find nothing...I've been thinking about her every second of my life. Nonstop. I can't imagine what she looks like now, as a woman...she's probably a goddess, a dream of every man...

I was also diagnosed with crippling depression a year and a half ago. I've been eating a lot more, I love food so much, it makes me feel a bit better. But with my depression, it's difficult for me to express how I feel. Everyone in Hyrule already knows who I am, so when I go out in public, many people stare at me. With so much at stake and so many eyes upon me, I feel it necessary to stay strong and to silently bear any burden. But that isn't the only reason why I barely speak to anyone. I have nobody to speak to. No matter how loud or quiet I'll speak, nobody will hear me. And when I speak, I don't feel comfortable. I don't even know who I am anymore...

Tomorrow is the first day of tenth grade, my last year of school. I'm the last virgin in the whole school (not counting Gorons, they don't reproduce and make love the way everyone else does). Benjamin, Saria, Ole, Casey, Dalia, even Paya lost their virginities. Everyone knows that I'm the only virgin...why does it matter to them? I'd rather lose my virginity ten years from today with the perfect woman then lose it tomorrow with some whore on a toilet! Losing your virginity in high school isn't cool, you know? Benjamin says that sex is no big deal, a real man must fuck as many women as possible. Benjamin told me, Casey, and Ole multiple times that he boned four Hylians, two Kokiris, three Gerudos, and one Zora. That's just sick in my opinion. I'm 100% sure that those girls regret it. Casey and Ole are jealous of him, thinking 'wow, our friend is so awesome because his dick entered so many vaginas!' When they ask me why the hell I'm still a virgin, I tell them that my duty as a sex partner is to make me and my partner feel safe and comfortable, and most importantly, loved. Benjamin just laughs and says that who the hell needs condoms if the girl isn't on birth control? Saria says she's on birth control, but she isn't. And if she comes to Benjamin at school tomorrow complaining about being pregnant, Benjamin's stupid ass beliefs about protection will change right away. Anyways, it's late here, I must get rid of this stress and enough sleep. I have very difficult two weeks ahead of me.