Blue Eyes Don't Lie

"Who the fuck is this and why is she talking about our band?" he stared at me in disbelief.

"This, Joshua, is our new friend Hayley," Dan said, smiling at me as he spoke. "She just moved here from Scotland."

He narrowed his eyes slightly at me. "That still doesn't explain why she was talking about our band."

"She's coming to band practice today after school to hear us play," Max interrupted. I stared at him in shock.

"I am? But I only just met you."

"Yeah but you seem cool. And you annoyed Josh, that's always funny." Matt grinned at me and I felt myself blushing. I was starting to like this place.

"Thanks mate, that means a lot," Josh said sarcastically as he flopped down on the ground. I rolled my eyes.

"Suck it up and grow a pair," I scoffed. The boys started laughing and Josh just scowled at me. I could sense this would happen a lot.

"Give me your timetable Hayley and I'll see what classes we have with you." Dan held his hand out, awaiting the sheet of paper. I passed it across the desk and watched his face as he stared at my schedule. "You've got maths with me, Josh and Max , english with Chris and Max, physics with Matt and Josh, chemistry with me, geography with all of us, biology with Josh and music with Chris."

I stared at him blankly. "Em, can you say that again please? I got distracted by the fact I have four classes with Josh."

"Lucky me," Josh and I said sarcastically at the exact same time. Matt snorted with laughter but attempted to cover it with a cough when he saw the look on our faces.

"You two are so similar." Max said. I turned around to glare at the tiny hedgehog like boy.

"We are not similar. We are complete opposites of each other."

He shrugged his shoulders and smiled smugly, "You know what they say, opposites always attract."

Yet again, I rolled my eyes. "Not this time Maxie."

A shrill ringing sound filled the classroom. Almost immediately, everyone stood up and began to move towards the door. Chris stopped walking and turned to face me, "We have music first, you coming?"

I grinned and walked towards him, following him into the maze of corridors.

"The teacher's pretty cool. Miss Summers just let's us do whatever we want as long as it's musical. We have to have two instruments, what are yours?"

"Guitar and voice."

"Oh you sing?"

"Not often and not very well. I was going to pick drums but I couldn't afford to buy a kit to practice on. Voice was the only other option."

He nodded. "Maybe Dan can teach you sometime."

"Yeah that'd be good." I said. It was silent for a moment. "Chris, can I ask you something?"

"You just did." I stuck my tongue out at him. "But yes, you can."

"Why is Josh such a prat?" He looked at me for a moment before he burst out laughing.

"Well that was blunt. He's not really, you'll get used to him. He's actually a pretty decent guy."

I made a disparaging sound and sat down next to Chris in the music room. "I'll believe that when I see it."