For Baltimore

Hellooo :)

Before you read this, I just wanted to sat that I really really hate this chapter. It sucks, okay. Idk, I'm choosing to blame it on the fact I'm probably high from the amount of painkillers and lemsips I've had in the last 48 hours.

Just out of curiosity, have any of you read Fireworks? It's a Jalex fic on LiveJournal. I've just started reading it and it is uh-may-zing but apparently the end is really sad and I cry at anything so Idk if I should finish reading it?

Okay pointless ramblings over. Adios.

*********

The second I realised what I was doing, I pulled away. Josh and I stared at each other in shock for a moment.

"I shouldn't have done that. I-" My protests were cut short by Josh crushing his lips to mine. Before I could stop myself, I was kissing him back. Our lips moved in perfect synchronization with each other.

This wasn't supposed to happen. We were supposed to hate each other. This was wrong.

So why did it feel so right?

My fingers ran through his tousled hair, gently pulling on it. His arms pulled me closer to his body until there was no space between us, yet it didn't feel close enough. His lips moved away from my mouth and down my neck, leaving a trail of fire.

I pulled away, gasping for air. "Josh what are we doing? An hour ago we thought we hated each other."

"Who gives a fuck? All I know is that when you kissed me, it was the best feeling in the world and I want nothing more than to kiss you again." He sounded so sincere and genuine, so different from the boy I had known for the last week. His head slowly moved closer to mine. His eyes flickered to look deep into my own, asking permission. I nodded slightly and closed the distance between us. I could taste the slight tinge of alcohol on his lips. He was soft and gentle. It was perfect. Josh pulled away and leant his forehead against my own, staring into my eyes. "Can we start over, and forget everything that happened between us this week?"

I shook my head slowly. "I don't want to forget it." He seemed confused but I didn't stop talking. "No story is perfect. Ours got off to a rocky start but maybe that's what will make it more special."

He grinned as he realised the meaning behind my words. "Does that mean we get to have a story?" I bit my lip and kissed him again. "I'll take that as a yes."

I grinned and nodded, sending both of us into a fit of laughter. He stood up and offered me his hand, pulling me on to my feet. "Thank you Josh." I mumbled as I wrapped my arms around his waist and buried my face in his neck.

"What for?"

"For listening to me, for staying with me, for not judging me."

His lips pressed against the top of ny head, brushing my hair. "I told you I wasn't going anywhere. I'm still not."

"I guess my mum was right."

"About what?"

"When I told her about you, she said it sounded as if I liked you and that I should give you a chance to prove you're a nice guy. I guess she was right." I smiled fondly at the thought.

"Your mum's a smart woman, just like you." I scoffed at him.

"Speaking of my mum, I should probably be heading home."

"I'll walk you home." He smiled at me and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. "It's not that far from here."

"Hang on, how do you know where I live? Have you been stalking me?" I tried to act serious but I couldn't help the cheeky grin that forced it's way on to my face. Josh blushed slightly and looked embarrassed.