So This Is The End Of You And Me

I decided just to upload it all tonight. This is the final chapter and then there's the epilogue. I really hope you like it. It's weird, I wrote this chapter and the epilogue so long ago, right when I first started posting this story. Anyway, as I was reading it over there, I actually had tears in my eyes because I'm so sad it's over. I just want to say thank you to everyone who has taken the time to vote, comment or read this story. It means the absolute world to me. You're all the most amazing people in the world. So for the final time, I hope you enjoy this and that it doesn't disappoint. Bye, at least for now, Jenna :) x x

******

"Say it ain't so,

I will not go

Turn the lights off,

Carry me home

NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA"

The sound of my ringtone blasted through the living room, waking me from my slumber. I rubbed my eyes tiredly and sat up as I began to search for my phone. I felt Josh stir beside me. "Mmm, make it stop," he groaned and blinked his eyes. The ringtone cut off and silence filled the room. He smirked and pulled me back down beside him. Two seconds later, my phone started ringing again.

"Jeez, whoever's calling me doesn't give up, it must be important," I mumbled as I once again reached for my phone. I looked down at the screen and saw my aunt Sarah's name. Why was she calling me at, I glanced at the clock on the mantlepiece, half past nine on a Monday morning?

"Hello?" Josh was tickling me and I mouthed at him to stop it, while trying to contain my laughter.

"Hayley, thank god you picked up," she sounded panicked and flustered. That wasn't like Sarah, she was always calm and collected. It took a lot to make Sarah sound like that. I immediately knew something was very wrong.

"Sarah, what's wrong? What happened? Is it Sophs? Is she okay?"

"Sophie's fine," she paused and I instantly breathed a sigh of relief. "But your dad's not."

My face drained of colour and I saw the worry flash through Josh's eyes. He gripped my hand and I squeezed it tightly. "What-what happened to him?"

"He had a heart attack, Hayley. He's in intensive care in Royal Alexandra just now." I could hear her quiet sobs through the phone.

"Is he um, is he going to be okay?" I whispered. I was trying desperately to hold back my sobs, but a few stray tears trickled down my cheeks. Josh wiped them away and tried to look in to my eyes. I couldn't bring myself to look at him.

"They don't know for sure but it doesn't seen likely. Hayley, you have to come home."

I nodded even though she couldn't see me. "I'll be there tonight."

Before she could reply, I hung up and broke down in tears. I felt Josh wrap his arms around me as he tried to comfort me.

"Shhh, don't cry. Everything will be okay. Tell me what happened," he murmured into my ear. I couldn't answer him, I just clung desperately onto his shirt and continued my sobbing. My father was in hospital, dying.

"Hayley, you're scaring me. Who was that on the phone? What did they say to make you act like this?"

I took a deep breath and let go of his shirt. My eyes remained fixed on the floor as I said the words that would break his heart.

"I have to go home Josh."

"Okay, sure. Whatever you need. Just let me grab my coat and I'll walk you back home."

"No, Josh. I have to go back home, to Scotland."

"Wh-what? You're leaving? What for? How long will you be gone?" he whispered. I forced myself to take my eyes off the floor and look at him. He looked crushed.

"My dad had a heart attack. They don't think he's going to make it. I have to go. I have to be there for Sophie and my aunt. I have to s-say g-g-goodbye!" I collapsed into his arms and began crying once again. His arms wrapped around my shaking frame and he slowly leant forward and placed a kiss on my forehead. "I'm so, so sorry, Josh, that I have to leave like this. I'll call you when I get to Glasgow." I turned and walked towards the door. If I didn't leave now, I knew I never would. Just before I reached the front food, I turned around to see him standing there, frozen in shock. "I love you."

I yanked open the door and made my way out into the hallway. My fingers had just closed around the cool metal of the door handle when Josh turned me around to face him. He had found the power of his limbs again and was staring deep into my eyes.

"I know you have to go, I understand that, but just know that I love you. I don't care how long you're gone for, I don't care how long I have to wait, I'll do it. I'll wait for you."

I flung my arms around his neck and kissed him one final time. I didn't know when I would get to do that again. Our lips had never felt more in synch with each other, we had never felt so much passion and desire, and pure and utter love in one kiss.

I pulled away from him first. I had to leave and I had to leave now. I took one last look at his face before turning and walking out the front door, not knowing when I would next see Josh Franceschi, the boy I loved with all my heart.