Take Your Breath Away

Hola. So yeah, this is pretty awful but idk, I just wanted to upload something since I go back to school tomorrow after being off sick for a week. Hopefully you don't hate it as much as I do! :)

******

It had been almost two months since the party. I was lounging around my room on Skype to Sophie, just talking and thinking about everything that had happened since I moved. Sophs couldn't believe it when I told her about Josh and I. Not many people could, it seemed. I grinned as I thought about Sam's reaction when he found out we were together.

*flashback*

Josh and I walked into our physics classroom hand in hand. It was the Monday afternoon after Sam's party. The second I walked into the room, his eyes flashed up to look at me and he smiled timidly. We walked over to our desk and dumped our bags. Sam swiveled around in his chair to face me.

"Hayley, I'm so sorry about Friday. I didn't mean to scare you. After you ran away I realised what it must've sounded like and if someone had said that to me, I'd have probably ran away too." He kept fiddling with his hoodie as he spoke, he was genuinely nervous about what I would say.

"Sam, don't worry. It's not a big deal. I know you didn't mean it like that, I just freaked out over nothing. We're cool." I smiled at him reassuringly and leaned over the desk to squeeze his shoulder. Josh coughed loudly as I did this but I kicked him under the desk to make him shut up.

"Thanks Hayls. I looked for you after you ran away but I couldn't see you anywhere."

"Yeah she was with her boyfriend," Josh piped up. He wrapped his arm around me and flashed a hostile glare at Sam. It was stupid, he had nothing to be jealous about yet I couldn't help but enjoy how protective he was of me. It made me feel safe. Sam looked beyond shocked.

"Your boyfriend?" he asked, directing the question at me. He stared pointedly at the arm resting on my shoulder. "You and Franceschi, eh?" I grinned sheepishly and nodded. "But what about those texts you sent me where you said how annoying he was and you wished he would go fall off a cliff?"

"Erm yeah, it kind of took me by surprise as well I suppose." He opened his mouth to reply but was cut off by the teacher entering the room. I turned to look at Josh and raised an eyebrow. "So I was with my boyfriend?"

He shifted nervously under my gaze and started mumbling, "Umm, yeah. I'm sorry, should I not have said that? I just really like you and I really want you to be my girlfriend and-" I quickly pressed my lips to his stop his rambling.

"Of course I'll be your girlfriend," I said whilst grinning widely. He breathed a sigh of relief. It was so different to the usual Josh. The one who was always confident and so sure of himself and his actions. It was cute to see him getting worked up over something like this, it showed he cared.

******

The sound of Sophie's voice ringing from the laptop brought me out of my daydream.

"Hellooo? Hayley? What happened? You completely spaced out." She was waving her hand in front of her webcam, trying to catch my attention.

"Sorry, I was just thinking," I mumbled.

"About Josh?" she asked and winked at me.

I blushed and tried to hide my face. "Possibly."

"Awh, the two of you are so cute together Hayls."

"Thanks. Anyway, how are things back up in old bonnie Scotland? How's dad?" I asked quickly, attempting to steer the conversation away from my relationship with Josh.