Chapter 5

I woke up, because the bus started to move. When I looked at my clock, I noticed, that we had slept through the whole night without partying. I was still laying in Richie's strong arms, but now he was asleep and not I. It's so fascinating! He looked sweet in every way, but when he was sleeping, he looked like a little puppy and you couldn't keep your eyes off of him. The messy dark brown hair, the long brown eyelashs, the full, rosy lips and the sweet smile he always had on them. Richie was so damn gorgeous. He was the biggest luck I ever had in my whole life and I was so thankful for being his boyfriend. But was it right? Maybe we were living in sin. I would call it love but I knew there were lots of people who would call it wrong. In that moment of thinking, I finally got the best song idea I ever had. A song about us and our love. I quickly left the bed, grabbed a piece of paper and a pen, and started to write. I was all floating out of me and I only had to write it down. When I was finished, I had a whole song written, I only had to add some chords.

Living in Sin

I don't need no license, to sign on no line

And I don't need no preacher to tell me you're mine

I don't need no diamonds, I don't need no new bride

I just need you baby, to look me in the eye

Well I know they have a hard time, and your daddy don't approve

But I don't need your daddy telling us what we should do

Now there's a million questions I could ask about our lives

But I only need one answer to get me through the night

And I say

Baby can you tell me, just where we fit in

I call it love, they call it living in sin

Is it you and me or just this world we live in

I say we're living on love, they say we're living in sin

Is it right for both our parents, who fight it out most nights

And pray for gods forgiveness, when they both turn out the lights

Or wear that ring of diamond, when your heart is made of stone

You can talk but still say nothing, you stay together but alone

Or is it right to hold you, and kiss your lips goodnight

Well our promise is forever, if you sign it on the dotted line

Baby can you tell me, just where we live in

I call it love, they call it living in sin

Is it you and me or just this world we live in

We're living on love they say we're living in sin

Solo

Hey baby, can you tell me, just where we fit in

I call it love, they call it living in sin

Or is it you and me or just this world we're live in

We're living on love, or are we living in sin

I don't know, just we're we fit in

I don't know where to begin, I don't know we're fit in

Living in sin

I finally grabbed my acoustic guitar and started to strum some chords. After a while I got pretty good ones and a tab too. When I went back to my bed, I saw that Richie was still asleep. As I kissed his forehead he opened his eyes. Those gorgeous brown eyes on which I had a so damn big crush. "Morning babe, c'mon, we have to play a show soon", I whispered and he just pulled me on top of him and kissed me passionately. "Really we have to get up or we will miss soundcheck", I said and he hid his head under the pillow. "Ok, I will go now and tell the others that we will start without you, so you can sleep a little more. Is that okay with you?", I asked. "Mmmh, do that. I will come soon, I promise", he mumbled into the pillow. I smirked and got out of the bus. Richie, the sweet late riser.

When I got into the arena, all of the others greeted me with a hug. "Where have you left your sweetheart? I thought, he slept in your bed", David asked. "Yeah, he didn't want to get up, so I told him where we are and let him sleep a little more", I replied, shaking my head smirking in thought of him. "Um, boys, this morning I wrote a song. It's for Richie and I want to play it to you, so you can tell me what you think of it" "Yeah, here's a guitar", Alec said and handed me an acoustic guitar. I took a deep breath and played them Living in Sin. "Wow, that's a pretty good one", Tico said to me while patting my back. "Thanks. So, do you think we could play it for him tonight?", I asked, hoping they would agree. "Of course!", they all screamed as one. "Great! Can we please practice it before he's there?" "Ok, let's go!", Alec said and we entered the stage. In about ten minutes we were done, and after another five minutes Richie came in. "Good morning, slept well?", we all asked and greeted him with a high-five. "Yeah, have I missed soundcheck?", he replied with his raspy morning voice. "No, we waited for you, late riser", I said and kissed him short but passionate. He replied the kiss and ran his fingers through my hair. "Ok, let's start soundcheck!", Tico yelled and we all got our instruments, entering the stage once again.

After soundcheck we all went back into the bus, sitting on the couches and playing cards. I was so bad at that game, that I lost all the time. Richie won all the time instead. "I will pause for one round", he finally said and stood up. Then he went over to me and sat down on my lap. "You will win babe, I promise", he whispered and kissed my cheek. And I won. I won three times in a row while he was sitting on my lap. "You're my lucky charm", I whispered finally and kissed his rosy lips gently. Richie smiled and started to mess up my hair, while we were looking into each others eyes. "Awe, you're so cute", all of the other three boys yelled and we blushed a little. Suddenly Doc bursted through the door, screaming: "C'mon, let's rock New York again!" Then he looked at Richie and me, his eyes widened and his mouth opened a little. For a moment it was dead silent. "C'mon, let's go", Alec finally said and gestured us to leave the bus. Doc still didn't say a word. I could tell, that he was total shocked. Suddenly the fear hit me. What if he dropped the band because of us? I felt so helpless, that two hot tears rolled off my face. Like a robot I walked to my dressing room, cold of fear. After a few minutes I was ready and waited for the concert to be started. When my thoughts came to Doc, I slid down the wall, buried my face in my hands and cried. I was shivering because I was so afraid. It could all be over. My whole dream of being a musician could be over.

After a while I heard the door open and shut, but I didn't look up. I was so down in that moment, that I didn't even recognized, who came in. Suddenly I found myself lying in two strong arms that were holding me tightly, while a sweet voice whispered to me: "We will do that. I promise you, everything will be ok." I just buried my face into Richie's warm sweater, still crying but trying to calm down. Then I noticed, that he had to go through this shit too, and that because of me. I had to be strong. For him.