Chapter 36

Richie's point of view

I woke up the next day, confused because I was alone in my bed. But finally I found a little sheet of paper on the mattress next to me. It said:
Dear Richie,
I had to go because we got an important band meeting. I hope we'll meet each other again very soon. I really enjoyed yesterday and want you to know that you can come to me whenever something's wrong or you're feeling alone.
Love,
Vince
I smiled as I read the message, closing my eyes for a moment. I was so happy to have someone like him, someone who cared for me and gave me the feeling to be loved. But still only Jon was wandering around in my mind. I just wanted to know why he had done that. Wait, I didn't even know if they were married or just engaged. So maybe I had still a chance...

Well, I thought no.

But maybe...

No.

I shook my head lightly to stop the thoughts from going crazy in my mind, then leaving the bed and taking a shower. While showering, a sad melody popped up in my head and I started humming it randomly. It was good. After finishing the shower, I wrapped a towel around my waist and got my acoustic guitar which I always had around, strumming the chords which would fit to the melody. And then the lyrics flew to my mind. Man, they were good lyrics. I soon started singing them and writing them down, I couldn't stop or make a break. The song was called Father Time.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. I got up and opened it, looking into two bright blue eyes. "Hey Rich, soundcheck is in half an hour", Jonny beamed happily, leaning forward and kissing my cheek. "See you later!", was the last thing he said before he trailed down the hallway again, opening his door and being greeted by a giggling Dorothea which kissed him wildly on the lips. I closed my door again in disgust, wiping the feeling of his venomous lips off my cheek. Tears trickled down them soon after that, because for a moment I thought I would still mean something to him. But then they kissed with such a passion that it broke my heart again. What have I done wrong?

The soundcheck worked out to be pretty good, except from the bad tension between Jon and me. After an hour, the concert finally started and I did some cocaine to push my euphoria a little. The show was good, but when it came to sing Blood on Blood, my mood went down again. Jon and I were singing into the same microphone, our lips always only a few inches away from each other's. I hoped to get a quick kiss, but of course I didn't. I almost thought that I would fuck up the rest of the concert, but then I saw that light blonde mane bouncing in the second row. It was my savior Vince. For a short time our eyes locked and after that, my mood was great again. He had that bright angel's smile on his face and that gave me the strength to carry on.

After the concert I went straight into my hotel room and drowned my thoughts about Jon in whiskey. It helped me, I really felt like alcohol was my only friend. After feeling too fucked up to go on drinking, I fell onto my bed and just closed my eyes, trying to sleep. When I was just about to fall asleep, I felt someone caressing my cheek and kissing my forehead, mumbling something like 'goodnight sweetie'. So I fell asleep, my head snuggled into the warmth of what I supposed were Vince's arms.