Chapter 35

02.05.1989 - New York

Richie's point of view

I woke up in the morning, sliding my hand over the bedsheets next to me. As I remembered Jon not being there, sorrow and disappointment hit me like a brick once again. I wanted just some comfort. Someone who would hold me and tell me everything's gonna be alright. And in my desperation, I called the first person which came in my mind, after Jon. It was Vince.

The telephone was ringing in my hands, me waiting, no, praying that he would pick it up. He did finally and a stone fell from my heart. "Yeah? This is Vince Neil?", he mumbled sleepily and I chuckled a little. "Hey Vince, this is Richie. Do you have some time for meeting up?", I asked hopefully, hearing the line going silent for a while. Then he spoke again. "Uhh, sure. Where are you right now?" "I'm in New York, Manhattan" "Well, you're lucky man. I'm in Manhattan too", he replied and I smiled widely. "Well, which hotel?" "I'm at the Beekman hotel, 123 Nassau Street", I said, hearing him write the address down. "Okay, the way will take me maybe half an hour by car, which hotel room are you in?" "Room 15.6, fifth floor", I whispered and he hummed, writing that down also. "Thank you Vinnie, you don't know what this means to me", I whispered and he chuckled lightly. "Well, you're welcome darling", he said and I blushed, finally mumbling an 'See you later' into the phone and laying it back down on the counter with a sigh.

I decided to clean up a little, I mean, I was getting a visitor. I was just picking up the empty whiskey bottles from the ground, as I suddenly heard loud moaning from the room next door. Jon's moaning. In shock I let all the bottles in my hands fall down, seeing them hitting the ground and breaking into a million pieces. I couldn't move. I was just standing there, the moans filling my ears and my eyes staring at the shattered glass in front of my feet. And then the tears began to run again. They were running down my face and dripping onto the floor, leaving little wet stains. In my desperation I could only walk over to the bed and fall onto it, my crying face buried into the pillow. Then there was a knock on the door.

"Hey? Richie, are you in there?", a worried voice asked from the outside and I slowly lifted my heavy head. "Yes", I answered with a cracked voice and the doorhandle rattled, then the door opened. Vince was standing there, a worried expression on his face. "Hey Rich, god what happened?", he asked softly and sat down next to me on the bed, gently brushing my hair out of my face. "It's Jon. He married. A woman. Without telling me. I walked in on them making out a few days ago", I sobbed and Vince's eyes widened in concern. He then slowly laid down on the bed beside me, patting his pectoral. I laid my head down on his warm chest and he wrapped his arms around me, shushing me the best he could. God, I was so thankful for having a friend like him right now.

"Let it all out boy, I'm here", he whispered and rubbed my back, one hand caressing my locks soothingly. I just closed my eyes and tried to calm down the best I could, letting his heartbeat steady me. After a while I lifted my head, locking my eyes one those brownish green ones. "Thanks Vinnie, I think I feel a little better now", I whispered and he blushed, biting his bottom lip lightly. Slowly he pulled my head down to his, stopping as our foreheads were touching. "Well Rich, I... I think my crush on you isn't gone", he mumbled silently and nervous, closing his eyes for a moment. I was speechless for a second, but soon was interrupted by Vince pressing his lips softly into mine. He was a good kisser and I soon let myself relax and melt into the kiss, softly kissing back. We both finally pulled away in need of air. "God Rich, that was so wonderful", he mumbled and caressed my dark brown curls, making them a little messy. "Yeah, I agree", I whispered, noticing that it had really made me forget about everything else. We both soon leaned in again, our lips colliding on each other's. That time it was already a little more passionate, but it all stayed calm and loving. After a few minutes of sharing loving kisses, we parted again and looked deep into each other's eyes. "Well, Vinnie?" "Yes sweetie?" "Can you please stay here for the night?", I asked hopefully and he smiled softly, then nodding. "Yes Rich, if you want me to, I'll stay" "Thanks Vince, you're so sweet to me", I mumbled and cuddled a little closer to him, closing my eyes. We stayed there on the bed cuddling and kissing until we both fell asleep in each other's arms.