Chapter 9

Jon's point of view

We ate some bread and Richie looked pretty happy, but I could tell, that he was sad. A spark of sadness never left his eyes. I wished that we could tell the public without loosing fans and getting blaming comments from others. I knew that the band would stand behind us, but I wasn't sure about the record company. Why was it so difficult? Richie didn't deserve this, neither did I, I thought. "Jonny?" "Yeah, Rich?" "I've got a surprise for you today, for our first day off. Just wait here, I'll get you when it's ready", he said and stood up. I nodded and he kissed my forehead before he left. Now I was getting curios. What would he plan for us?

Richie's point of view

I had a so great idea. I would take him to the beach we went when we were in college. It had always been his favourite place back then. So I left the hotel and waited for a taxi which came pretty soon. I told the driver where I wanted to go and finally stood on the beautiful beach of New Jersey. God, I had missed it so much. The waves rolled silently on the beach and the sun heated the nearly white sand under my feet. For a long time I just stood there and watched the bright blue sea. An idea popped up in my head. We could use that scenery for a music video! Suddenly a man asked me something. "Hey, aren't you Richie Sambora from Bon Jovi?" "Yeah, that's me", I replied, turning around to face him. It was a blond haired man, who was a little shorter than me. "Cool, I think you know who I am", he finally said and smiled at me through his sunglasses. A total California-boy. Wait, I did know him. "Oh, Vince? Is that you?", I asked excited. "Yes man, you got it", he replied and gave me a high-five. "Are the others here too?", I asked and he gestured over his shoulder. "Only Nikki and I, the others are in a bar, probably getting drunk", he said with a smirk and winked at me. "By the way, sexy ass", he whispered and slapped it. My jaw dropped and I looked at him in shock. Suddenly Vince pulled me close to him and kissed me. In shock I parted from his lips and stared at him. At the frontman from Mötley Crüe who was the girls sweetheart. And now he kissed me. Me, a boy. "Bye sweetie, Nikki is calling", he finally said and left without another word. The tears started to left my eyes as I thought of Jon. How could I? And what was he going to say? I only wanted to have him by my side and spend a beautiful day with him. Oh fuck! He was still waiting for me at the hotel! As fast as I could I ran to a shop nearby and got a few things. I then went back to the beach and left the things in the sand. Only a few moments later I was back at the hotel and ran up to my room to get myself some swimming shorts. When I had put them on and changed my T-shirt, I got two towels and went to Jon's door to knock. Suddenly the door opened and Jon ran into me. "Oh I'm sor-Richie!", he yelled happily and hugged me tight. "Hey sweetie", I replied and kissed him gently. "So, Rich? What have you planned?", he finally asked me as we parted our lips. "We're going to the beach, little Jonnyboy. Now go get yourself some swimming pants on", I whispered and pushed him lightly back into his room. He nodded with a big smile on his face and seconds later we were sitting in a taxi to drive to the beach. As we arrived, I took of my neckerchief and tied it around his head, covered his gorgeous blue eyes with it. "Wait right here, I'll be around you all the time", I finally whispered and helped him to sit down in the sand. Then I rushed over to my things and made it as beautiful and romantic as I could. Hopefully he would like it.

 Jon's point of view

I was sitting in the warm sand, waiting for Richie to get ready. Finally I heard footsteps coming towards me and felt two warm hands on my arms to pull me up. "It's ready my little Jonny", Richie whispered and untied the neckerchief. The sun blinded me but after a couple winks I could see clear again. My jaw dropped. Richie had laid two black towels next to each other and spreaded some rose petals over them. There was also a bottle of wine standing next to the towels. "Um...you like it?" "Yeah Rich, I love it!", I replied and jumped in his arms. "That's good. Would you care, if you'll get a little wet by now?", Richie whispered in my ear and let his hands slide under my T-shirt. "No, I don't care at all", I replied and my shirt was gone. I took his off too and ran into the water. He followed me close behind and wrapped his arms around my waist. I turned around in his arms and pushed him into the water, he took me with him. As our heads popped out of the surface, we looked into each others eyes and I placed one hand on his cheek. "I love you so much Rich", I whispered and ran my fingers through his wet hair, causing him to smirk. "I love you more", he replied and touched my wet lips with his, immersed us into the water again not parting our lips. We were swimming in the sea for a long time afterwards and finally laid down on our towels. As it started to get dark, Richie lit some candles and broke open the wine. Our swimming pants had already dried and my hair was dry too. We finally drank wine in the darkness, looking up to the stars, talking, and listening to the crashing waves. "Rich?" "Yeah Jonny?" "Can you come here and cuddle with me? I'm freezing a little", I whispered into the dark. "Of course. I'll get our T-shirts too", he replied and soon it was warmer, because I had my T-shirt on and laid on Richie's warm chest, hugging him tightly. "I love you so much Jon. Just remember that I'll always be there for you", Richie finally whispered and stroked my back lovingly. "I'll always remember. I love you too, Rich. And I will love you forever", I replied and lifted my head up to look into his beautiful eyes. He just pulled my head down to his and kissed me gently, stroking my cheek. "Wanna sleep out here?", he finally asked when we parted our lips. "Yeah", I replied and soon drifted up to sleep, looking up to the stars.