Chapter 1: Start of a new season and a new member

It was October 8, 2012 and at the Abby Lee Dance Company, Abby was sitting down at the front desk just waiting to start a brand new season and she was excited because she missed teaching the girls new dances.

Then the first car to arrive was a BMW 650i convertible and it parked next to Abby's car in a space called Reserved for Andrew Miller, who is her son and he was getting out of the car in his short sleeved ALDC tracksuit that was custom made for him and his long brown hair was hanging down as Abby smiled at her son as he entered.

"Hi, mom." Andrew said, walking to his mom and giving her a hug as he sat next to her.

"Hey, Andrew. How's it going with you?"

"Doing good as usual. To be honest, i missed being in the studio just helping out with the routines, music, costumes and watching the girls dance and i'm ready for yet another season."

"I missed it too and i'm ready like you are and hopefully the moms won't give me gray hairs like you have." Abby replied, taking a playful jab at her son as Gianna arrived next.

"Hello, pretty gia." Andrew stated as he walked over to his mom's assistant and gave her a quick kiss.

"Will you two get a room?!" Abby mocked complained. Whenever she saw her assistant and son getting affectionate, she would mock complain and it would make them laugh.

"I'm gonna go head to Studio B and get things ready for the seniors." Gianna said as she left the front desk and headed to that studio room and

"All right, mom. are you ready for the first pyramid of the new season?" Andrew said.

"You know it!" Abby said as she took her son's hand and they both walked to Studio A and placed covers over the photos and then after the girls got ready for rehearsals, it was time for Abby and Andrew to call them in.

"Let's go, let's go! We're national champions, but it's a new season and we've got a lot to do!" Abby called as the girls all walked in with their moms, who are barefoot as usual.

"Girls, we repeated as national champions last season, it's our second straight title!" Andrew announced as the girls and the moms clapped.

"But however, this is a new season and the road to three peat as national title holders is gonna be a bumpy ride like the last season when we won, so you're gonna have to work hard." Abby added.

"Now, it's pyramid time!" Andrew stated.

"First up on the pyramid we have...Mackenzie. You were only part of the group dance, so there's not much to judge you on." Abby said after revealing Mackenzie's headshot first as she nodded.

"Next we have Nia. Your technique needs tuning and it almost cost us the national title, you need work on it!" Andrew stated as Nia nodded sadly.

"Next, Kendall." Andrew revealed Kendall's headshot as he revealed it. "Your posture improved but you need to work harder to make it even better!"

Kendall looked like she was gonna cry, but Abby and Andrew rolled their eyes.

"Next is Brooke." Abby added as Brooke's headshot was revealed. "Your feet were sickled and your hands were all over the place with your solo, that's why you didn't place."

Brooke just looked on with a stoic look as she nodded.

"Up next is Maddie." Andrew stated as he revealed the headshot of Maddie. "You had a solo that mom gave you and it got you third place and to be honest, you're kinda falling off the radar as one of mom's favorites."

That comment made Maddie a little sad that she hadn't been in the good books of Abby and her son and even Melissa knows it to, but perked up knowing this could be her renaissance season this time.

"Next we have my second go to girl, Chloe. Your solo was wonderful and you didn't forget your dance this time." Abby said. Chloe nodded and smiled because at least she remembered the dance unlike the time she forgot it at nationals.

"And on top of the pyramid is Paige!" Andrew said as he revealed Paige's headshot. "Paige, you had a fantastic season last season and your dance had the judges' jaws drop to the floor and you shined in the group dance."

Paige smiled as Chloe gave her twinnie a hug and everyone else clapped for her and Kelly was smiling widely.

"This weekend for the first competition of the new season, we will be headed to Atlantic City, New Jersey and you-know-who is gonna be there too with her rotten apples." Abby stated as everyone made booing sounds when they heard that Cathy was gonna be there and Andrew was making a wa-wa-wa-waaa sound effect, which made everyone laugh.

"Now here are the assignments. Paige, you'll be doing a contemporary solo, Maddie, you will be doing a musical theater solo, Mackenzie, you'll be doing a lyrical solo and will be in the group dance." Abby explained. "And did i forget to tell you that we're gonna have a new dancer for the team?"

The moms and the girls had intrigued looks on their faces about having a new teammate and mom joining them, some were concerned and others were excited.

"Moms, you're dismissed! Girls, spread apart!" Andrew said as Melissa, Christi, Kelly, Jill and Holly left for the viewing room and the girls started stretching.

Meanwhile, at the front desk, Abby was talking with Gianna and Jennine as they were all waiting for the new dancer and her mom to arrive and a minute later, Andrew walked in as Gianna smiled at her boyfriend as he sat down next to his mother.

"Mom?" Andrew asked as he sat next to his mother. He wanted to know who the mystery dancer that was gonna join the ALDC.

"Hmm?" Abby replied.

"I just want to know because i'm intrigued, Who's the mystery dancer that's gonna be a part of the studio?"

"The dancer that's gonna join the team usually dances in the mini solo and also, she and her family moved here from L.A. two weeks ago."

"When will she get here?"

"I think she'll be here right about....now." Gianna said, answering for Abby.

As soon as he said that, a car pulled up into the parking lot and parked in a space close to the entrance and getting out of the car was a woman with dark hair and a girl who was about 7 years old, who's name is Asia Ray and her mother's name was Kristie and they entered.

"Hello, Abby!" Kristie greeted.

"Hello there!" Abby replied to the greeting and then she looked over at Asia. "How are you, sweetie?"

"Good." Asia replied as she hugged Abby and then Abby gave Kristie a hug. "How are you doing, Kristie?"

"I'm doing good." Kristie said and then, she turned her attention to Andrew. "There's america's favorite male hottie!"

Andrew blushed as he gave Kristie a hug. "Hello Kristie."

"What have you been up to since we filmed AUDC season 1?"

"I've been helping my mom out with routines and costumes and of course making sure the moms don't cause trouble."

"And i'm the one that has had a crush on him since we were kids and now he and i are dating." Gianna added, getting up and hugged her boyfriend as he smiled at her.

"PDA alert!" Jennine shouted as Andrew was being hugged by his girlfriend, which made Kristie and Asia giggle and even Abby had to laugh.

"Gianna, you are a very lucky lady to be dating a hot guy like Andrew."

"I've loved him since we were kids." Gianna stated as she let go and sat down in the chair next to Jennine.

"I can see." Kristie said as Andrew looked at Asia and walked up to her.

"It's so great to see you, Asia!" Andrew smiled as he gave her a hug, she and Kristie first met him when they were filming Abby's ultimate dance competition and they struck up a bond with him.

"It's great to see you too, Andy!" Asia replied, calling him by his nickname.

"Remember, you have to beware of those crazy, wacky moms but the girls are sweet and nice." Abby told Kristie and Asia.

"Ok." Asia said.

"Are you ready to meet them?" Andrew asked and they both nodded as he and Abby walked them to the dancers den.