Chapter 31: Nationals

In the ALDC dressing room, Abby had opened the door and the girls had walked in with the moms, faculty and Gianna behind them and Andrew was the last one to enter.

"We're gonna start with the solos first!" Abby shouted as Melissa, Holly and Kelly began to do the makeups of Maddie, Nia and Paige while Jill and Kristie watched, then they noticed that Andrew was pacing back and forth like a lion.

"Andrew, you're gonna stress yourself out." Gianna warned her boyfriend.

"You're right, Gia." Andrew conceded. "It's just that i want to see the girls beat Cathy after all the confrontations we had with her this season."

"Don't worry, we will." Abby reassured.

Then Maddie, Paige and Nia came out from getting dressed into their solo costumes, Paige was in a black sequined skirt and a matching top, Nia was in a red top and skirt and Maddie was in a brown top and skirt.

"Wow, you girls look like models!" Andrew complimented as Gianna was holding his hand, then it was time for the three soloist to head to the stage as the other girls were sitting in the audience watching until the group dance.

"Coming up we have entry #151, Buffalo Gals by Paige from the Abby Lee Dance Company!" The announcer announced as Paige walked out to applause and was waiting for the music to start. Then when it began, she began to dance like it was her last day on earth and she was dancing so gracefully and never lost a step and finished her dance when the song came to an end and the crowd cheered.

"Whooo!" Kelly cheered. "Go Paigey!"

"Next is entry #164, Everybody Wants To Rule The World by Maddie from the Abby Lee Dance Company!" Maddie came out, ready to hopefully be back in the good graces of Abby and Andrew as she stood on the stage and she began to the exact same moves that Andrew did when he first performed the solo and she did it well and posed at the end. The crowd applauded as Maddie walked off the stage.

"Go Maddie!" Melissa shouted as she cheered her daughter.

"Wow, Maddie did a fantastic job doing my old solo." Andrew said and Gianna gave him a kiss on his cheek for helping with the choreography.

"She sure did, Andrew. Just like how you did it." Abby complimended

"Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome entry #180, Speed Demon by Nia from the Abby Lee Dance Company!" Nia came out in her costume and was ready to dance. When the music started she began to dance and was doing very well as she was in sync to the music and kept it that way through her whole dance and did a pose at the end of the song and she got a lot of applause as she headed backstage.

"All right, Nia!" Andrew cheered along with the ALDC.

"The way Maddie, Paige and Nia danced today, i got a feeling that this will be a very close score." Holly said to everyone.

Then they all headed backstage and started to get the girls ready for the group dance and they were in different colored dresses, Maddie was wearing Red, Mackenzie was wearing silver, Nia was wearing Orange, Chloe was wearing Blue, Paige was wearing Purple, Brooke was wearing Black, Asia was wearing white, Kendall was wearing Green and Payton was wearing Yellow.

Then Abby, Andrew, Gianna, Melissa, Holly, Kelly, Jill, Jennine, Rachel and James all headed back to their seats as Cathy and the CADC moms were behind them.

"Coming up will be Entry #262, Red, White and Blue by the Candy Apples Dance Center!" The crowd applauded as Hadley, Mari, Zack, Lucas and Campbell all walked out in their costumes. Zack and Lucas were in Blue Pants, white button up shirts and red jackets while Hadley, Mari and Campbell were in Red, White and Blue dresses. Then the music began and they began their dance, although they had some problems, they managed to get through and ended it with a pose, the crowd applauded.

"Go Apples!" Cathy cheered as she and Vivi were clapping with the CADC moms, while the ALDC were rolling their eyes, but secretly Jill was clapping for Cathy's team, but they didn't notice.

"We'll see how hard they'll be laughing when they get a load of our group dance." Gianna told Abby and Andrew.

"If they bumped into each other, that would have been on Shaqtin a Fool." Andrew replied.

"What's Shaqtin a Fool?" Kristie asked Andrew.

"Kristie, Shaqtin a Fool is a segment on Inside the NBA and it shows humorous and uncommon basketball plays that have happened during NBA games in the past week, but in this case, Shaq could call that Shaqtin a Fool: Dance Moms style, where either CADC or even the ALDC get their bloopers shown." Andrew replied.

"Cathy would be Shaqtin a Fool more than Javale McGee." Gianna told them.

"Up next we have Entry #275, Following in his footsteps by the Abby Lee Dance Company!" The girls all walked out and were ready to dance. Then when the music started, they started off the dance by doing the movies that Andrew used to do first with a toe touch, then added an illusion round, three axels, a calypso, sail turn, toughest isolations, fouette and quad kick spins and they were done very flawlessly.

"They did those moves very well." Abby whispered to her son, who was in joy at seeing the girls do his old moves from his past solos.

"Yes they did, mom." Andrew replied.

Then the girls went into the moves that were usually in their solos, duets, trios and group dances by doing a ball change, three a la secondes, aerials, grand jetes, arabesque, tumbles, piques and the difficult moves perfectly and they posed to end the dance as the crowd stood up and cheered loudly.

"Andrew, Abby, i think it's safe to say that we'll be going home with a third straight national title!" Kelly exclaimed with a smile on her face.

"From the way this crowd is cheering, we agree with you, Kelly!" Andrew replied as he continued to clap as the girls walked backstage from doing their number, but for some reason Jill wasn't clapping at all.

"They did a fantastic job out there." Gianna stated.

"Oh, please. Our group dance was better than theirs." Patsy told Cathy.

"Yep, their national title is ours now." Cathy sneered.

"You know what, they better not celebrate too early, because you never know, the judges might score in our favor and not in theirs." Yvette added, but they see the judges looking on in awe.

"I don't know about that, they are in awe of the group dance that Abby, Andrew and Gianna choreographed." Gina T admitted.

"We'll see about that, they'll snap out of their trances." Alli said as everyone sat back down and were waiting for the judges to finish up the scores for the announcer to announce to them.