Chapter 2: Rehearsing

In the dancer's den, the moms and the girls were all just sitting around wondering who was going to join the team and the door opened and coming in was Andrew, Abby, Kristie and Asia.

"Girls, i would like you to meet Asia and her mother, Kristie." Andrew introduced Asia to the girls as the younger dancer waved at them and their moms, who greeted her back.

"Hi, Asia!" Paige said, giving the new member of the team a hug, because when the first season of Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition was being filmed, Paige was invited to perform a solo and she met Asia and the other dancers on that show.

"It's so good to see you again, Paige!" Asia said.

"And did we forget to tell you that you'll be doing a hip hop solo? So you'll be going up against Mackenzie even though you two won't be in the group dance." Abby informed her as Melissa had a nervous look on her face and even Mackenzie was nervous as well, fearing that Asia would take her spot and Asia went to the bathroom to change into her dance wear while Kristie talked with Abby, Andrew and Gianna at the front desk.

"Paige, we didn't know you met her before!" Maddie said, with a surprised look on her face.

"Mads, I've known her since i appeared on the season finale of Abby's Ultimate and i'm pleased that she's dancing here. what do you girls think?" Paige admitted, but she notices the other girls had nervous looks on their faces.

"I think with Asia here, one of us could lose our spot on this team and i don't want to be replaced." Mackenzie added, who was fearing that Asia would push her to the wayside.

"Yeah, i agree with Kenz." Maddie admitted.

"You never know, Abby and Andrew might not replace any of us with Asia." Nia tried to reassure.

"I don't know, Nia." Brooke replied.

"What do you think she'll bring to the team?" Kendall wondered as the girls had mixed looks on their faces

Up in the viewing room, the moms had come from meeting the new member of the Abby Lee Dance Company team and were sitting down as Kristie came upstairs to sit down, she sat between Melissa and Christi.

"Welcome to Dance Jail." Christi remarked.

"This is what you call it?" Kristie replied.

"Yep." Kelly added.

"How do you and Asia know Andrew, Kristie?" Holly asked.

"Me and Asia actually met Andrew when we started filming Abby's other show, Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition and out of all the dancers who were close to him, Asia was the closest to him." Kristie explained.

"I think you and Asia are here to replace one of our daughters and this studio isn't big enough for two moms with the same name even though we have different lettering in our names!" Christi said

"You think Asia is here to replace one of your daughters, but she is not! Abby and Andrew brought us here to supplement the other dancers, so lay off!" Kristie retorted, which silences Christi.

"I wouldn't want to mess with her." Melissa cringed as they looked down at the main studio were Abby and Andrew were sitting down.

"Asia, it's showtime!" Andrew called as he held the door open for Asia to enter so he and Abby could work on her solo.

"Your solo is entitled Intergalatic." Abby told Asia as she was ready to dance, while Kristie is watching her daughter. Gianna headed to the laptop to play the music as Asia began to dance and she was doing good, but was having a problem trying to point her feet.

"Don't sickle your feet, Asia!" Andrew told the young dancer because he had noticed that her feet were sickled and her knees were knocking.

"Your knees are knocking!" Abby shouted, but Asia was not gonna give up as she applied the corrections and finished her dance 20 minutes later "Asia, we're gonna have to work on pointing your feet because mom has noticed that your feet have been sickled." Asia nods in understanding.

"You're dismissed, bring in Paige so we can work on her solo." Andrew said as the young dancer left to get Paige to work on her solo and seconds later, Paige entered, ready to rehearse like always. "Paige, your solo is entitled Ice Cavern, it's about seeing the beauty in an ice cave. Let's get started."

Gianna played the music and Paige began to dance very gracefully, just letting the music come to her and she started doing her moves which have Andrew and Abby just looking on with smiles on their faces and when the music ended, Paige did a graceful pose.

"Paige, that was wonderful! if you keep it up, you'll definitely have first place locked up!" Abby complimented as Paige took a bow as respect. "Call Maddie in, it's time to rehearse her solo." Paige obediently headed to the dancer's den as the moms were watching.

"Paige is a really good dancer." Kristie complimented.

"She sure is, with Andrew helping her out, Paigey has been on the prowl and hopefully, she'll three peat with a third straight national title." Kelly added.

"Maddie?" Paige called. "Miss Abby and Andrew want to work with you on your solo."

Maddie then got up and headed inside to work on her solo called Fantastic and it took 30-35 minutes to nail and then she was dismissed.

Later on that night after rehearsing Mackenzie's solo and the group dance, Abby and Andrew called Kristie to the dancer's den to talk with her so they could know what the other moms thought of her being the new mom in the studio.

"Kristie, what was your opinion on those moms?" Andrew

asked.

"To be honest, Andrew, even though i've been around them for this short time, they've been complaining about me already except for Kelly and Holly." Kristie replied to his question.

"Christi with the C and Jill are like the female versions of Bebop and Rocksteady, Melissa is Krang and Kelly is the Shredder and they're jealous that you're one of the sane ones, the other sane one is Holly, but Kelly has been sane lately."

"You've been watching too much Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles." Abby jokingly said to her son, which made the three laugh.

"Does he really watch the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Abby?" Kristie asked after hearing the names of the bad guys on the cartoon that aired between 1987 and 1996.

"Yep, ever since he was born and at that time, the show was in it's third season, his favorite turtle like many others was Michelangelo." Abby stated. "Those moms that are trying to scare you off are just miserable."

"Remember, if you ever have any trouble with the moms, you can come to me or Andrew."

Kristie nodded.

"Oh, did we forget to tell you that we are gonna have to face a dance studio that doesn't know how to win? That dance studio is called Candy Apples Dance Center and it's in a hick city called Canton, Ohio that's run by a ding dong named Cathy."

"I've heard a lot about Cathy, but no matter what she does, she knows that she can't beat the ALDC!" Kristie stated.

"You know it!" Abby stated, then Kristie took Asia home and everyone else went home for the night.