Chapter 32: Crowning the Champion

It was time for awards as the teams that competed were on stage just dancing and several members of the audience were dancing too.

"In third place with a score of 224 points is Maddie from the Abby Lee Dance Company with Everybody Wants To Rule The World!" Maddie got up to get her award from the announcer and sat back down to hear who got second and first place.

"In second place with a score of 226 points is Entry #164, Nia from the Abby Lee Dance Company with Speed Demon!" The audience applauded as Nia got up to receiver her award as holly and the ALDC were clapping as they saw her sit back down.

"And in first place, with a score of 228 points is Entry #151, Paige from the Abby Lee Dance Company with Buffalo Gals!" Paige got up to receive her trophy, it was her third straight national title.

"Go Paige!" Kelly shouted as she clapped and even Abby was clapping in joy with everybody else.

"Whoooooo! Awesome job, Paige! One was great, two is impossible but three is a milestone!" Andrew added as he clapped, then they sat down and it was time for the group dance awards to be announced.

"I'm nervous." Kristie admitted.

"You're not the only one, if we don't win, Abby's not gonna let us hear the end of it for months." Melissa said.

"Let's hope we do place first." Holly said and when the placings 10-3 were announced, it was time for the final two winners to be announced, with the first place winner being the national champion, would it be the Abby Lee Dance Company retaining their title or will the Candy Apples Dance Center taking it away?

"In second place with a score of 283 points is Entry #262, Red, White and Blue by the Candy Apples Dance Center." Cathy's jaw hit the ground as she saw her group pick up their second place award, now she was hoping the ALDC didn't place at all.

"And now, the moment you have all been waiting for, in first place with a perfect score of 300 points is..." Abby, Andrew, Gianna, the moms, Jennine, Rachel and James all held hands as they were nervous on who won the national title. "Entry #275, Following in his footsteps by the Abby Lee Dance Company!"

The second that was said, Abby and Andrew cheered loudly and hugged as Gianna joined in on the hug, the moms and other faculty were so happy that the girls won their third straight national title and still keeping it out of the hands of Cathy's apples as confetti fell on the stage.

"We came, we saw and we conquered the competition!" Andrew shouted in joy as Gianna gave him a quick kiss and then they hugged again.

"We sure did! It's three times sweet!" Gianna exclaimed.

"I knew they would pull through!" Abby added, knowing the girls won their third straight National Title.

"I can't believe this!" Cathy whined, looking distraught over the fact the Candy Apples didn't win and the Abby Lee Dance Company won as Vivi tried to comfort her mother and they saw Abby, the ALDC moms, Andrew, Gianna, Jennine, James and Rachel all getting up and headed to their dressing rooms.

"Let them go, you'll get then next year." Yvette told Cathy as they saw the ALDC walk back to the dressing room.

***
Get ready for some backstage drama in the next chapter!