Chapter 25: Arriving in Chicago

The upcoming monday at 7:30 AM, an American Airlines Boeing 767 was landing at an airport and there was a skyline that had the Sears Tower, John Hancock Center and several other buildings. The city was none other than Chicago, Illinois also known as The Windy City and the airport was O'Hare International Airport as Abby and Andrew were sitting next to each other as Maddie and Mackenzie woke up, the other girls, Gianna, the moms, Jennine, Rachel and James were awake.

"We finally made it, mom. Chicago, home of the famous deep dish pizza, hot dogs, the six time NBA champion Chicago Bulls, the Stanley Cup Champion Chicago Blackhawks, Baseball's Cubs and White Sox and Also, the city where we're gonna bring a third straight national title back to Miami." Andrew said.

"Yep." Abby replied with a smile on her face, she knew her son was full of energy when it came to dance and nationals. "In fact, we almost moved here back in 1999, but your grandfather suggested Miami, because it was warm year round."

"Abby, i have an idea, we can take the bus to the hotel while you, Paige, Chloe and Andrew can take the train, we can race each other." Kelly suggested.

"You're on!" Abby and Andrew said as they ran to the CTA Blue Line station with Chloe and Paige behind them and it took them a minute to reach the concourse of the station, it had three tracks, one was in the middle, and two were on the sides as three trains had all tracks occupied and the train that was in the middle was boarding as they got on board the train and sat down in the rear car.

"This is a wonderful train!" Chloe told her friend.

"It sure is, i'm gonna enjoy this ride!" Paige added, then she looked at Andrew. "How far does the Blue Line go?"

"The Blue Line runs from O'Hare Airport to Forest Park in Desplaines, also this route runs in the median of the Kennedy Expressway and the Eisenhower Expressway."

Abby was amazed at how much her son knew about the Windy City's transit system. "You've done a lot of research about the transit system of Chicago, haven't you?"

"Yep, but there are two other named Metra, which is the suburban commuter rail division and Pace is the suburban bus division of the Regional Transportation Authority, which is the oversight body of CTA, Metra and Pace."

"This is a Blue Line train to Downtown and Forest Park. Maps are posted in each railcar to help you plan your trip, contact station personnel for assistance. Welcome aboard Blue Line Run #119, Rosemont is next, in the direction of travel, doors open on the left at Rosemont." After the automated announcer finished, the train began moving towards it's destination as Abby and Andrew enjoyed the ride, so did Chloe and Paige and they arrived at the Rosemont station

"This is Rosemont." The doors opened to let Passengers board and deboard the train and it took a minute and the doors closed.

"Cumberland is next, doors open on the left at Cumberland. Smoking, Littering and Eating are prohibited on CTA Vehicles." The Automated Announcer stated over the intercom as the train pulled out of Rosemont and was moving smoothly and after coming from a short tunnel, the train was racing the traffic and when they neared the station, the bus that the other girls, the moms, Gianna, Jennine and Rachel were on were pacing them.

On the bus, Brooke was seeing the four on the train and eventually the other girls and their moms and the faculty of the ALDC waved at each other and noticed the train was beginning to slow down and the bus was moving on as the train pulled into the station.

"I think we're gonna make it before they do!" Asia stated.

"Looks like it." Kendall told the young, sassy dancer.