Chapter 21: Rain Disaster

On a rainy July Day, Payton had joined the team for Nationals, which would be on August 3rd and at Abby's house, Abby was asleep in her bed at 4:30 AM and her mom was spending the night at an old friend's house and Andrew did an errand for her that required him to wake up at 4:00 AM as it was raining outside. Then the doorbell rang and she woke up to find out why somebody was waking her up this early in the morning.

"Kelly, why are you waking me up at 4:30 in the morning?" Abby asked grumpily, seeing Kelly at the door with a panicked expression on her face.

"Abby, i've got something to tell you! It's very urgent!" Kelly stated, in a panicked voice, from the way she was sounding and looking, Abby had a feeling that something was not right at all.

"Kelly, calm down! what's wrong?"

"It's Andrew. He's in the hospital because he was in a car accident while he was on his way to check on things at the studio and it's really bad because he was driving down Biscayne Boulevard after he had and the road was slicked with rain and it caused him to spiral out of control and he hit a lamppost."

Abby's heart dropped to the floor at the news at hearing that her son was in a car accident, she knew it was raining and it slicked the road that Andrew was driving on because he was on his way home from doing the errand.

"How bad is it?" Abby asked.

"It was really bad, it totaled his convertible and the firefighters and paramedics had to use the jaws of life to get him out of there." Kelly responded

"Let's go the hospital." Abby choked as she grabbed her phone and raced out of the door with Kelly and got into the car with Kelly and they both drove down the road to the hospital.

At the hospital were Andrew was taken to, Jill, Melissa, Christi, Kristie and Leslie were in the waiting room and their eyes were red from shedding tears because they loved Andrew and were worried. The girls were all there too, Even Gianna, Jennine, Rachel and James were there just waiting on Andrew's condition as Abby ran in with Kelly behind her.

"Has anyone heard anything yet about my son?"

"No we haven't, Miss Abby." Payton stated, wiping tears from her eyes, she was worried like the other girls were.

"I hope he's ok." Mackenzie sobbed.

"He'll be ok, Kenz." Maddie tried to reassure her younger sister as a few tears fell from her eyes too, the other girls were crying too, hoping that Andrew was gonna be okay.

"Abby Miller and the ALDC?" A doctor called out.

Everybody stood up and walked towards him as Abby spoke with a worried tone. "That's us, how's my son?"

"Ma'am, Andrew fell into a coma, he also injured his scapula and the fifth lumbar vertebrae. But however, he is in stable condition and is alive, but we don't know the extent of his injuries until he wakes up."

Abby felt her body go numb, her son was in a coma as tears began falling down her cheeks. Andrew kept everyone in the studio sane and always knew what to do when drama was about to happen, and without him, life would be saddening as she started crying loudly, James came and wrapped his arms around the distraught dance teacher.

Gianna had started crying too after hearing the news about her boyfriend being in a coma as Jennine and Rachel all hugged her. But she wasn't the only one crying, the girls and their moms were all crying too. Paige was inconsolable because Andrew helped her out and she became Abby's favorite since then.

"How long do you think he'll be in a coma?" James asked as he wiped some tears.

"When it comes to patients going into a coma, it could take days, weeks or even months. It's only up to Andrew's body."

"Can we see him?" Jennine asked, crying.

"Sure, right this way."

Abby, Gianna, James and Jennine all followed the doctor to Andrew's room and it was a saddening sight to see, he was hooked up to different machines, he had bruises and cuts all over his body, a neckbrace was on his neck.

"Andrew, this is your mother, You are the sun to my darkness, i love you so much, please pull through." Abby begged as she left the room and as soon as she left and went into the waiting room, she started to cry again, this time a lot harder as Melissa and Kelly hugged her.

"Man, you are the coolest friend a guy like me could ever have. Please pull through for all of us, we need you, man" James stated as he left the room, then Jennine and Rachel spoke to him and gave him kisses on his face, then they left as Gianna was the last one in the room with him.

"We need you, Andrew. The girls, myself, your mom, your grandma and the staff of the studio need you too. We love you, Andrew." Gianna choked up as tears dripped down her face as she saw her boyfriend lying the hospital bed in a comatose form and kissed him on his lips as she left.