Chapter 16: Doing the Same Solo

One morning at the Abby Lee Dance Company, Andrew was sitting at the front desk with Abby and Gianna, who were checking the music for the upcoming competition and they were trying to come up with ideas, but co.

"What do you think we can do for the competition?" Abby asked her son.

"I just thought of something for the competition, how about two of the girls do the same solo? It could be like a head to head dance to see who can do the routine better." Andrew suggested. "What do you two think of that idea?"

"That is the most smart idea we have ever heard, Andrew! we swear nothing gets past you." Abby stated, with a smile on her face, she knew that her son had great ideas for competitions.

"You may not be the sharpest tool in the shed at times, but you know how to come up with ideas, those years in school helped you out." Gianna complimented her boyfriend.

"It sure has, and also my years of dancing helped too. And to be honest with you, whenever i did an emotional dance, sometimes i would start crying because of the emotion that comes out when i dance. Mom, remember when i was 11 and you gave me that solo that had a lot of emotion and at one point i started to cry while rehearsing that solo?" Andrew reminded of the time he cried doing an emotional dance at a rehearsal when he cried.

"Yep, i remember it well, i usually would have said Save Your Tears For The Pillow, but however, when it came to you, the music would stop and i came to see what was wrong, then you dried your tears and did your dance and it won first place and you had me crying too." Abby added, then an hour and 30 mintes later, the moms all arrived with the girls, who got changed in their ALDC dance wear.

"Girls, Move it! Move it! It's time for pyramid!" Abby yelled as the girls all came in with their moms behind them as they saw Abby and Andrew all standing at the pyramid and their moms stood there.

"All right, we had a good weekend at StarQuest since they lifted our ban last month and you all had a clean sweep, beating out the most toughest studios. Now it's time for Pyramid, Andrew, you have the floor."

"First on the pyramid we have.....Mackenzie. You didn't have a solo, you were only in the group dance, so not much to judge you on." Andrew said as Mackenzie nodded.

"Next on the pyramid, we have....Maddie." Melissa was very surprised to see both of her daughters on the bottom of the pyramid. "Maddie, what's been happening with you, you're one of the best dancers and you nearly messed up the group dance, which almost cost us first place."

"Andrew--" Melissa tried to speak.

"This is none of your business, Melissa. We don't put dancers on the bottom because of the moms we do it when we see how their performance is, unless the mom's name is Jill Vertes." Andrew said, saying it under his breath so Jill won't yell at him, because if she does, Abby will go into mama bear mode.

"Next we have...Chloe." Andrew revealed Chloe's headshot. "You're a talented dancer, but your knees were bent and feet were sickled in the group dance. Surprisingly, Christi kept her mouth shut.

"Up next....Brooke." Brooke's headshot was revealed while Andrew spoke. "You did ok in the group dance, but you have to bring it when it comes to dance like you did when you were younger."

"Next on the pyramid...Asia." Andrew stated as he revealed Asia's headshot. "Your solo was good, but it could need some work." Asia nodded to show that she understood.

"Next...Kendall." Andrew revealed Kendall's headshot. "Kendall you are getting there, because you did good in the group dance. But we want to see more from you." Jill had a smile on her face because her daughter was on the middle of the pyramid and hopefully, she would be at the top.

"Next up.... Nia." Nia's headshot was revealed as Nia smiled and even Holly smiled too. "The solo that mom gave you, you performed it very well and if you keep it up, you might be on top of the pyramid one day."

"And on top of the pyramid, we have...Paige!" Andrew revealed Paige's headshot as Paige smiled, Brooke gave her a hug as Kelly was happy. "You stole the show at the competition, and you got a perfect 300. Mom, where will we be headed to this weekend?"

"This weekend we will be headed to Fire and Ice dance competition in Pensacola and we have three solos, but differently this time. Why don't you tell them, Andrew?"

"Paige, you and Kendall will be doing the same solo and it will be called Walking on Sunshine and Nia will have a solo called Believe it or not, and the group dance will be called Survivior." Andrew explained.

Kelly and Jill looked at each other with surprised looks, their daughters were gonna do the same solo, that was gonna be interesting on who could do the solo better.

"All right, Moms you are dismissed, girls start warming up because we have a lot of rehearsing!" Abby barked as the moms all left the studio room and the girls began to stretch for rehearsals as Andrew was talking to her at the front desk.

"For once, i'm happy for Kendall that she got a solo." Abby said, she may be tough on the girls, but she loves them like they were her own kids.

"Me too. But i hope Jill doesn't do anything stupid, because everytime we give Kendall a chance, she always acts like a goofball does something that makes her look like an idiot."

"Ok, let's go back inside and rehearse with the girls, we'll start with the two same solos and Kendall will rehearse hers first with Paige watching." Abby said as she and Andrew walked inside Studio A as Kendall and Paige were ready to work on the same solo and they started with Kendall, who was doing well, but she wasn't using her expressions.

"Kendall, we've been through this a lot of times, DO SOMETHING WITH THAT FACE!" Andrew and Abby yelled the last part after they saw Kendall not use her expressions during rehearsal. "You know what? You're done, Kendall." Andrew added.

"Kendall, my son could do that dance better than you, even with his eyes closed or one arm was tied behind his back and Paige could too! How about you work on that somewhere else?" Abby stated as Kendall left Studio A as Jill watched and Paige cringed in the Studio room, then Kendall came upstairs and was crying.

"Uh-oh, she's crying. That's not gonna make Andrew and Abby happy, becuase they can't stand it when the girls cry." Kelly stated.

"What's wrong, Kendall K?" Jill asked worriedly as her daughter sat down and hugged her.

"Miss Abby and Mister Andrew were yelling at me." Kendall sobbed as Jill hugged her while the moms were looking on.

"What were they yelling at you about?" Kristie asked.

"They were telling me to do something with my face by using my expressions, but i didn't hear them and they both yelled at me for that."

Then Andrew came upstairs. "Kendall, we have respect for you, but you shouldn't run to your mother when Mom or i critique you, we told you over and over again to use your expressions and you couldn't do that!"

"That's what i mean, Andrew is like the Male Version of Miss Abby!" Kendall whined.

"We gave Kendall a solo and she shouldn't be up there crying and whining! she has to suck it up and be a woman!" Andrew yelled as he came downstairs and they worked with Paige, who did the dance flawlessly without a single mistake, then the group dance came and that went smoothly, then everyone went home for the night.