Chapter 24: Bridging the Gap

The next morning, it was a new day as the sun rose over Andrew's house. The sky had a color of pink, combined with a little bit of orange with no clouds as the birds were singing and a breeze made the branches of the trees rattle softly.

Inside of the house in Andrew's bedroom, Andrew was asleep and unlike the previous morning, he was snoring softly, something he couldn't do while in his coma, then he opened his eyes slowly, sat up and stretched after getting a good night's sleep.

"It feels great to walk and talk again after spending two weeks in a coma." Andrew thought to himself as he got up from his bed and made it up, then he headed to the closet to pick out what clothes to wear for the day, and after careful consideration, he picked out a Black Adidas Tank Top and matching black jogging pants and walked to the bathroom and after showering, he combed his hair and brushed his teeth. Andrew put his clothes on and headed downstairs and went into the kitchen and started to make breakfast and while making the pancakes, he felt some arms wrap around him, he turned around and saw Abby, who was wearing a black shirt with the Abby Lee Dance Company Logo on the front and matching pants and she had no makeup.

"Good morning, sweetie. How are you feeling?" Abby greeted her son and gave him a kiss on his cheek, she was very happy to see him finally at his best and healthier than before.

"Good morning, mom. I'm feeling like a million bucks!" Andrew replied with more energy then he ever had before as he smiled at his mother, who couldn't help but laugh at Andrew, seeing him be his energetic self for the first time since waking up from his coma.

"That's good to know and i could smell pancakes when i woke up, you making a big breakfast?"

"Yes, i'm making some Bacon, Scrambled Eggs, Sausage, Pancakes, Hash Browns, Toast, Croissant, Omelettes, Waffles and Biscuits and the drinks were Milk and Orange Juice with no pulp."

"Wow, that's a lot, but it does sound yummy." Abby stated.

Then Paige walked into the kitchen after she was the next one to wake up and was rubbing the sleep from her eyes with Chloe behind her as Andrew and Abby both turned around and saw the favorite of the studio and her twinnie.

"Morning, Paigey Mack. Morning, Chlo." Abby said, she rarely called the girls by their nicknames and it made Paige and Chloe smile at hearing their dance teacher calling them by their nickname because usually Andrew or the other girls would call each other by their nicknames.

"Morning, Miss Abby." Paige and Chloe both greeted their dance teacher back.

"What's up, Paigey Mack?"

"Nothing, Andrew. We woke up and smelled breakfast being cooked." Paige replied, then Maddie and Mackenzie came in next with Payton, Asia, Nia, Brooke and Kendall coming in behind them.

"Something smells good in here." Mackenzie said.

"Yeah, it kinda smells like pancakes, bacon, eggs and a little bit more." Maddie added.

"Well girls, since you're staying with Andrew for this week, he decided to cook us all a big breakfast this morning." Abby explained.

"That's why smells from the kitchen woke me up." Asia said as she sat in one of the chairs at the table as Breakfast was being finished.

"I can't wait to eat breakfast!" Payton exclaimed, then when everyone sat down and said grace, it was time to eat as everyone began to dig in.

"Miss Abby?" Kendall said, looking at her dance teacher.

"Yes, Kendall?"

"How will the solos be decided for nationals?"

"To be honest, i don't know, but i do know you will all be in the group dance for sure."