Chapter 27: A Fun Day and Throwdown in Chi-Town

The next day, rehearsals ended at noon after getting started at 8:00 AM after the group dance had gone smooth that time and Paige, Maddie and Nia nailed their solos and there was less drama and while Andrew was talking to Gianna and Maddie, Abby walked up to them.

"Can i talk to Andrew?" Abby asked as Gianna and Maddie nodded and they left the mother and son duo alone to talk. "Andrew, i was thinking since we have done this before, would you like to hang out with me today?"

"Sure thing, Mom." Andrew replied.

"Where do you want to go first?" Abby asked her son.

"How about the John Hancock Center? I love seeing the city from the 95th floor aka The Signature Floor and maybe we can eat there?" Andrew suggested as a smile was on Abby's face.

"We can do that. We ate there the last time we were here and had a great time seeing the city from that floor and it was you, myself, Maddie and Chloe, but this time it's gonna be just the both of us."

Andrew nodded.

"How do you want to get there?" Abby asked her son.

"Well if we take the #146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express bus, it'll take us 9 minutes, but if we take the Red Line at the Lake station, it could be 9 minutes as well." Andrew said.

"Let's take the train."

"I concour."

Then Abby and Andrew walked to some stairs that led down to the Red Line Lake Station, they paid their fare and went through the turnstiles and went down to the platform and waited for a train.

"Mom, did you know the northbound Red Line trains go to Howard in Rogers Park and the southbound trains go to 95th/Dan Ryan? usually they'd go to 95th, but the Dan Ryan portion has been closed for five months starting in may to remove the slow zones so the southbound trains are operating to 63rd & Ashland."

"Didn't know that." And as soon Abby said that, they both saw a Red Line train pull up, but unlike the Blue Line train they arrived in Chicago on, this train had electronic signs instead of roll signs and they got on and saw the car they got on had bowling alley style seating.

8 minutes later, they got off at Chicago/State and walked upstairs back to the surface and walked down Chicago Ave and left turned on Michigan Ave, when they reached Chestnut Ave, they saw the tall building in front of them.

The two then walked down the stairs that led to the entrance to the John Hancock Center and Made a reservation for a dinner for just two on the 95th floor.

"Ready to go up to the 95th floor?"

"Yes i am, mother." Andrew replied as Abby held his hand and they walked to the elevator that would take them to the 95th floor, the doors were already opened and they stepped on the elevator with several other people and the employee pressed the button that lead to the observatory deck and the other one that lead to the signature room and the elevator doors closed and the elevator began moving at 20 miles per hour and it took them a minute to get to the 95th floor.

"Table for two, please." Abby said, then the man took them to a table that was next to the window that was facing south and they sat down and the menus were on the table with plates, napkins, glass cups and silverware.

"I like this view, we can see everything from here." Andrew observed, looking at the windy city in it's glory in the daytime.

"Yep." Abby agreed, then she thought of something. "Andrew? Remember when i used to take you to watch the sunrise sometimes when you were little?"