Chapter 9: Winning for Broadway Baby

The upcoming weekend, the competition named Starpower was being held in Richmond, Virginia and they walked into the building waving at their fans and walked to their dressing room and instantly, the moms started with the makeup and hair.

"Usually, this would be about the competition and i'd have to tell you that you have to win, but however, these dances will be in honor of Broadway Baby." Abby told the girls.

"Yeah, no matter what the scores say, just go out there and dance like it's your last dance ever, i bet it'll make Baby happy as she's watching down on us." Andrew stated, then Maddie, Mackenzie and Paige headed to the stage as the adults, Chloe, Asia, Nia, Kendall and Brooke headed to the audience to watch the competition.

"Judges, up next is entry #23, remember when it rains by Mackenzie from the Abby Lee Dance Company." Mackenzie came out and when the music started, she was in another zone as her moves were mindblowing. The audience was loving it as Mackenzie was dancing like her life depended on it and she finished and got a lot of applause.

"Go Kenzie!" Andrew stated as he applauded for the young dancer as she headed backstage.

"Great job out there, Kenz." Maddie said to her younger sister.

"Thanks, Go get em, Mads." Mackenzie told her sister, who gave her a hug as she waited for her dance to be called.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome to the stage, Entry #53A always in my heart by Maddie from the Abby Lee Dance Company." Maddie walked from backstage as the crowd applauded as she started to dance while the music was playing, she was so amazing, she was painting the stage with magic and finished her solo, the crowd cheered as she headed backstage.

"Whoo!" Melissa clapped after seeing her daughters dance.

"Coming up is entry #66, fly me to the moon by Paige from the Abby Lee Dance Company." The crowd applauded as Paige walked out after she was announced and then she stood in place. When the music began, Paige was dancing like the world was going to end and she was doing very well and made sure she didn't have any flaws and she finshed her dance to applause.

"Usually, i don't say this a lot, this is gonna be extremely close between Maddie and Paige because they both danced well." Melissa said.

"I agree, they danced amazingly." Kelly added and then they headed backstage to get the girls ready for the group dance and it took them a few minutes and they came back to their seats to see the girls do the group dance.

"Judges, next up is entry #205, Wind Beneath my wings by the Abby Lee Dance Company." The girls walk on stage to applause and took their spots and when the music began, they began to dance and they were dancing very gracefully as they kept in time to the music and they did a pose to finish their dance as everyone applauded and then it was time for awards, starting with the mini soloist division and after places 10-2 were announced, it was time for the overall high scoring mini soloist to be announced.

"Your overall high scoring mini solost with a score of 289 points is Remember when it rains by Mackenzie from the Abby Lee Dance Company!" The crowd cheered when Mackenzie's name was announced and she got her award and then it was time for the junior soloist division.

"In second place, with a score of 277 points is entry #53A, always in my heart by Maddie from the Abby Lee Dance Company!" Maddie got up to receive her second place award to applause.

"In first place with a score of 279 points is entry #88, Fly me to the moon by Paige from the Abby Lee Dance Company!" Paige was excited as she got up and received her award as Abby, Andrew, Gianna and the moms all clapped.

Last but not least it was time for the group dance awards for competition and after places 10 through 2 had been announced, first place was about to be next.

"And your overall top scoring first place group dance with a score of 257 points is entry #205, Wind Beneath my wings by the Abby Lee Dance Company!" The girls all get up and get their award as Abby, Gianna, and moms cheer.

Andrew then started to walk back to the green room with tears coming to his eyes as the girls got their award as Abby, the moms and Gianna looked at him worriedly.

"What's wrong with him?" Melissa asked Abby.

"I think he got emotional." Abby replied.

"Why don't we go see?" Gianna suggested as she, Melissa and Abby followed him to the dressing room to see why he was so emotional.

As soon as he entered the dressing room, he sat on one of the chairs and let the tears fall as he broke down crying, knowing that he missed Broadway Baby and she was looking down on him, Abby, Gianna, the moms and the girls as the door opened.

"Andrew?"

Andrew looked up and saw Abby, Gianna and Melissa looking very worried as they saw him, his eyes red and puffy. Gianna kneeled down on his left as Melissa kneeled on his right

"What's the matter?" Melissa asked with a expression that was a mixture of sadness and worried-ness, whenever she, the moms or the girls saw Andrew or Abby upset, they would find a way to help them feel better.

"I still miss Broadway Baby so much." Andrew choked, a sob escaping his throat as he sniffed.

"I know you miss her so much, we all miss Baby too. But she's in a better place with your grandpa and Melissa's mother." Gianna said, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Although she may be gone physically, she will always be there in our hearts spirtually. She never left our hearts." Abby told her son as she helped her son up from the chair and the four shared a hug as the girls and the other moms all came in.

"How are you feeling, Andrew?" Asia asked.

"I'm feeling a little bit better, Asia." Andrew replied, letting a tear fall from his eye.

"Seeing that tear fall down your face shows that you miss Broadway Baby a lot." Chloe observed.

"Yeah, i do." He sighed.

"Even though she may not be here anymore, she's always with us in spirit." Kendall said, then they all hugged Abby, Andrew and Gianna, then they all got their things ready and got on the bus that would take them back home.