Chapter 30: Arriving at Nationals

The big day had finally arrived as the day was August 3rd as it was 8:00 AM as the sun was up in the sky and it was clear day and in Trump Tower in Andrew's suite, Andrew woke up from his slumber and stretched as he got up and his hair was messed up because he slept in a ponytail as Chloe and Payton had spent the night with him and they were asleep on the sofa bed.

"What to wear, what to wear?" Andrew asked himself as he rummaged through the closet, looking for the best clothes to wear and after he looked, he picked out some red jogging pants, black t-shirt and matching red button up short sleeved shirt and the shoes he was gonna wear were black sneakers with red lacings.

Then he walked to the bathroom and got in the shower. He made sure it warm and he got in and he lathered shampoo in his long hair and washed it out, he usually washed his hair first when he showered and it took him at least 5-10 minutes to finish his shower and then he brushed his teeth and put hair gel in his hair, then he combed it, giving it a slick look and put on his clothes as he saw Payton and Chloe waking up.

"Morning, Andrew." Chloe and Payton both greeted groggily as they stretched from sleeping.

"I guess is that you guys aren't morning people?" Andrew asked.

"You can say that again." Chloe said.

"Today is the day we bring home a 3rd Straight National Title!"

"Yes it is, Andrew." Payton smiled.

"Ok, I'm gonna go head down to the 16th floor to join my mom, Gia and hopefully the moms for breakfast."

"Ok, Andrew." Payton said as they saw him leave his hotel room and they decided to get ready for Nationals.

On the 16th floor at a restaraunt called Sixteen, Abby was sitting with Gianna and they were talking about nationals as they ate breakfast and there was another plate that had, two breakfast sausages, two scrambled eggs and a glass of milk and they saw Andrew walk towards them.

"Good morning, mom. Morning, Gi." Andrew greeted his mother and his girlfriend and gave them both kisses on their cheeks as he sat down next to them.

"Good morning, Andrew. I can tell you're in your Chicago Bulls spirit." Abby complimented the wardrobe that her son was wearing. "And i knew what you wanted for breakfast, so i ordered it for you in case you came down early."

"Yeah, your clothes make you look fine." Gianna added, the compliment from his girlfriend made him blush.

"Aw, thanks." Andrew smiled as he began to eat his breakfast, he ate it with his mouth closed. "You know, i love going to Nationals, because it's the best against the best."

"I know you love going to Nationals, because when Nationals arrives, i see that fire in your eyes before you compete and eventually win." Abby stated.

"Yep, that fire you had in your eyes earned you those eight straight national titles between the time you were 7 to the time you turned 15." Gianna stated, she saw Andrew light up the stage a lot of times when they were growing up.

"I sure did."

"And unlike Brooke, you stayed focused on dancing when you were 13." Abby chuckled, taking a dig at Brooke, when Brooke was 13, she thought that she was too cool for dancing and before that, Brooke was the favorite as they all laughed.

Then At 11:00 AM, the girls and the moms all met up with Abby, Gianna, Andrew, Jennine, James and Rachel at the Lobby and they had their dancing stuff with them in their dance bags.

"Miss Abby?" Chloe said.

"Yes, Chloe?" Abby replied.

"How are we gonna get to the competition, in a coach like always?" asked Chloe.

"Nope, i have a better idea on how we're gonna get there." Abby pointed to the exit.

Outside of the tower, There was a bus that was gonna take them to the competiton was a 60 foot bus from the CTA, the sign said "Not In Service" and it was sitting outside the entrance on the curb.

"Wow! i bet we're gonna be arriving in style!" Nia exclaimed at the bus.

"To be honest, it's a big change from riding in coaches to competitions." Brooke added as they all started to get on the bus and unlike the last 60 foot buses they rode, the buses had black pads with the seat frame was colored silver and they sat down.

"The seats are kinda hard, but we can manage this ride." Mackenzie stated.

"We sure can, Kenz." Maddie added, then she looked up at Andrew, who had just sat down. "Andrew, do you think we'll win at Nationals?"

"I don't think, i know you guys will win. Mom and i have faith in you, that's the reason why she's tough on you because she knows how talented you are." Andrew stated with a realisticness in his tone, because he always thought positive when the girls or Abby were in doubt and that would always give the motivation.

"That's our Andrew!" Nia exclaimed, seeing the positivity from Andrew.

"You know it, Nia." Brooke agreed.

"My Mom always told me, when the going gets tough, the tough gets going." Andrew stated factly, he knew when things got tough, there would be a light at the end of the tunnel.

"I have a feeling that Cathy and her band of ding dongs are gonna find a way to insult Miss Abby." Payton added.

"Yeah, you know how she and Andrew get whenever we see Cathy." Chloe observed, she saw how stressed Abby and Andrew could get whenever Cathy was at the same competition they were.

"Who knows what drama might unfold." Asia said as the bus began moving and was heading towards the expressway to the theater so they could be at the competition.

The bus they were on arrived at a theater called the North Shore Center for the Performing Arts, where nationals was going to be held at and it was a modern theater as fans were cheering their arrival as they arrived at exactly noon.

"Andrew! Andrew! Andrew!" The fans chanted as the bus came to a stop and the first to get off was Abby, then Gianna, the girls, the moms and last but not least, Andrew got off and the crowd went crazy as he waved at them and they went inside, then walking behind them were CADC, who arrived in a van.

"Well, well, well if it isn't the soon to be former National Champions led by the blimp wearing black and her numbskull of a son." Cathy taunted.

"Cathy, we don't have time for your taunting, i suggest you get ready to lose!" Abby said, rolling her eyes.

"We may not have solos, but we have a group dance that's gonna kick you all in the apples!" Yvette sneered.

"The only apples that are gonna be kicked are yours!" Kristie retorted.

"We're gonna win, because we have the best choreography that's way better than the stuff you, bozo and dunderhead with the long hair." Gina D said and pointed toward Andrew.

That irritated Andrew. "Ok, sticks and stones may break our bones, but your words will never ever hurt us, because it makes us stronger than you! We've beaten you so much, that we lost count and the chances of your group dance beating our group dance are about as good as Tito Jackson releasing a solo album! We arrived in style, while you arrived in a van."

"Tell em' Andrew!" Holly shouted.

"Ok, Vanilla Ice. Say whatever your big mouth wants to say!" Patsy retorted, unbeknowest to the ALDC, Jill was laughing and unbeknowest to CADC, Gina T and Zack were not laughing, they knew that Andrew and the ALDC didn't deserve to be insulted.

"That's a good insult there, Patsy!" Jill thought to herself.

"I don't know if i want to be a part of the Candy Apples anymore." Zack whispered to his mother.

"Me either, i think after this competition, we will leave Cathy." Gina T replied in a whisper so Cathy wouldn't hear them.

"Well, we're gonna get ready to beat you guys to a pulp!" Cathy screamed.

"That is extremely unlikely!" Abby replied as the Candy Apples left for their dressing room.

"Girls, that's what happens when Cathy thinks she's gonna beat us, but she and the Candy Apples will leave with their tails between their legs." Andrew said as they all walked to the ALDC dressing room.