CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN

After the first day of training, five of the new Avengers rest in the living room, taking a break from working and training. One particular Avenger sits on the couch in complete anguish with the others around her completely fine.

"My muscles feel like they were squeezed for five hours straight and have just been released," Maylene complains, curling up into a ball on the couch.

"Take a hot shower, it helps," Alma says from her spot on the reclining chair. She wasn't bothered too much except for her arms hurting, but that isn't able to stop her from relaxing with a nice book.

Maylene groans at the thought of getting up while Adonis lets out a loud huff, "I just lost again in Temple Run."

June lets out a short laugh before shaking her head "That game is ancient. Seriously, you should try getting with the times."

"Well, excuse me for appreciating classics, I'll have you know that I love Camp Rock even though it's old as hell," Adonis comments, going back to playing his game.

"Camp Rock was such garbage, the Selena Gomez Cinderella Story deserves all of the love in the world," June states like it's the most obvious thing.

Ally starts laughing then suddenly stops. "You did not just say that every single High School Musical deserves all of the awards because it is a fucking masterpiece, and it's better than both of your garbage movie. You can't compete with originals. Remakes are meant to fail."

The four others in the room stare at Ally in shock, not expecting the quietest person to have such a love and high opinion on High School Musical. Hlín walks in the room in normal lounging clothes, takes notice of everyone staring at Ally and just raises an eyebrow before sitting down next to Maylene on the couch.

"Are you okay, May?" Hlín asks softly, kind of worried about the girl's emotional and physical state. Maylene lets out a loud laugh from inside her ball.

"Are any of us okay?" Maylene asks, not moving at all, Hlín reaches forward to rub the girls back. Without even realizing, she'd taken the position of the mom friend in their group.

Everyone else walks into the room either with wet hair or tired eyes from just taking a nap, none of them used to working and training so hard. They each take a seat somewhere, Jamie shakes his wet hair right in front of Alma's book getting the pages wet. Alma's face morphs into a look of annoyance as she smacks him upside the head with the book.

"Back off, you little gremlin."

Across from the room Mila takes a seat next to Hlín who is trying to help Maylene leave her curled up ball form and take a short shower. Mila frowns at Maylene not understanding what is wrong with the girl. Did she get hurt? Or is this too much for her to handle?

"What's wrong with Maylene?" Mila whispers to Hlín who just shrugs in response, Piper appears next to Maylene and smiles at the other two before taking off with the girl. A minute later the shower is running and Piper is sitting next to her twin.

Mila looks over at Hlín, who smiles at her.

"That was easy." They both engage in a conversation about their thoughts on the training. On the couch next to them three people are in a very heated argument.