CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

Sorrow and anger was the only thing that the group could feel. Each of them stayed seated as they tried to pick themselves up from what just happened. For once they all felt defeated, more than they have ever been.

Crying wasn't something they could do, mostly because they all didn't have it in them to cry anymore. None of them could even think to move past this, mostly because they were a broken team yet again.

The only thing that could be heard was the sound of a woman crying outside of the gray conference room. The sound was enough to make them all admit defeat, because they knew that they couldn't fix the hole separating them all.

The day didn't start that way. If anything, the day had started completely normal, with all ten of them happy. Mostly because they had a new coffee machine that actually worked, which was the reason behind them sitting at the table, each drinking some sort of hot beverage.

Alma was reading the book Jamie had bought her, while holding hands with Jamie, who was reading the newspaper. Neither of them had spoken to each other that morning, mostly because they didn't have to.

Ally was staring off into space as she took small sips of her coffee, trying to get herself to fully wake up. Her head was resting against Wallace's shoulder as he spent his time scrolling through his phone.

June sat at the head of the table, watching Netflix on her phone and keeping her hands wrapped around her untouched hot cocoa mug. Piper glared at the girl for not drinking the hot cocoa before going back to reading through S.H.I.E.L.D. documents that Alex had sent over for her to take a look at.

Maylene sat next to the girl with a bright smile on her face. She held a tea filled mug, that she was quite excited to have. Frankie, who was next to her, was resting her head on the table, not wanting to be awake. In between them was Maylene's phone, that had a pair of earbuds attached to it as they each had their own earbud.

Mila and Hlín each had a mug of their own, both held coffee. Unlike everyone else, they both were talking to each other about anything they could think of. Hlín's feet were resting on Mila's lap under the table as the two whispered to each other with bright smiles on each of their faces.

They all planned to spend the day training with each other as a group, and go through possible leads for where Rylee might be. There leads on the girl were very slim and almost nonexistent, since nobody had any kind of idea where she was.

The group had gone as far as talking to her family, just to find them all in complete hysterics and confused over how Rylee could be evil. Clint Barton lost a daughter the same day Sam Wilson lost a son.

June got up to throw out her hot cocoa and grab a soda, due to her not really enjoying hot cocoa, but wanting a soda to start off her morning. As she left the room, Ally moved closer to Wallace, trying to enjoy his presence and stay awake.

"Love, if you're tired, we can train a bit later." Wallace says, not wanting his girlfriend to be completely exhausted even though he knew she was asleep all night due to him being in the same room as her.

"I'm not tired, just bored. Once we start training I'll feel much more awake." Ally mumbles, taking another sip of her coffee that was going to need a refill soon.