• chapter 4 •

Margot's POV

The sun woke me up. I forgot to close the blinds before I went to sleep last night. As I sit up in bed, my back cracks. So does my neck. And then I proceed to crack all of my knuckles. And my toes. I reluctantly pull the covers off of my body, and make my way to the bathroom. I gag at the sight in the mirror. My hair is going in every which way, my mascara smudged under my eyes since I forgot to take my makeup off last night. I brush my teeth, and hop in the shower.

As the water warms up, I go over yesterday's events in my head. Was Harry really being as flirty as I think? When will he text me? What am I gonna eat for breakfast?

I get distracted thinking about food. After my quick shower, I dry myself off and put on a pair of black fabric shorts and a Rolling Stones t-shirt. I jog down the stairs, feeling my wet hair fall over my shoulders. As I reached the kitchen, I notice a note my dad left on the counter.

"Hey Margot,
                   I've headed to work for the day, I'll be home around six. Don't have too much fun! Love,
                                                                       Dad"

I smile at the fact that my dad still writes me notes even though I'm twenty three.

I walk over to the pantry and grab some oats and a container of strawberries from the fridge. After I set the water to boil so I can make myself some oatmeal, my phone vibrates.

unknown number: I wanna do something lit!

My face lights up as I stare at my phone, knowing exactly who texted me.

margot: Harry?

unknown number: the one and only :)

margot: so I hear you're looking for a tour of the city of good neighbors?

harry: if that's what they call Buffalo then yes.

margot: well I'm just making myself some breakfast so you can come over to my house whenever you want :) I'll send you my address.

harry: I'll be there in a half hour.

margot: see you then

harry: looking forward to it, Margot

I put my phone down, and immediately panic. I look down at my lazy outfit and realize how shitty I look.

"Fucking hell." I say, putting my oatmeal in a bowl and putting strawberries on top.

I walk to the table, sit down, and pull out my phone. As I'm scrolling through Twitter and enjoying my food, I remember that Harry will be over in fifteen minutes.

I quickly drop my bowl in the sink, and run up to my room. I dry my hair, since it was still a little damp from my shower not too long ago. I put on makeup in the best way I can, it's never been my thing. I pick out a somewhat cute outfit, light blue mom jeans and a red tube top with a gold necklace. It's early April, so it's still relatively cool outside. I slip on my all-white Stan Smith's and sit on my desk chair while I wait for Harry to arrive.

•

author's note

Hey y'all, sorry this short update took so long, I've been extremely stressed out and I haven't had much time to write, it'll get better I promise.

Do you guys like the outfit image? I wasn't sure if I should put it in but I thought it'd make things more vivid? Let me know :)

Thank you to the moon and back for reading my story, it means the world to me.

See ya later,

- Stella <3