• chapter 7 •

Margot's POV

Harry and I got up and threw away our garbage. We mutually agree that we are too full for ice cream, and we decided to head back towards the main Canalside area.

As we were walking back, I kept feeling Harry's shoulder brush against mine. Even though the contact is minimal, it leaves me wanting more.

"So what's next?" Harry asks, looking over at me with a smirk.

"I was thinking maybe we could head to Elmwood? That's the indie area we talked about earlier." I give Harry a warm smile.

"Let's do it to it." Harry says, beckoning me towards him as we walk to his car.

I give him the simple directions to Elmwood, since it's only about 10 minutes away from the waterfront.

Once we arrive, Harry parallel parks yet again, and we hop out of the car.

As we walk to Elmwood Avenue from the side street we parked on, I see Harry looking at the surrounding houses in awe, as the sun slowly sets.

"This architecture is beautiful." Harry says almost in a whisper, his dark green eyes scanning the tops of the houses that somehow still have snow on them despite the fact that there's almost none on the ground.

" Harry says almost in a whisper, his dark green eyes scanning the tops of the houses that somehow still have snow on them despite the fact that there's almost none on the ground

I stare at him and his amazement

"I know. Growing up my dream was always to end up living in one of these beautiful homes." I smile and look down at my feet, thinking about how much has changed since then.

Harry seems to notice. He stands closer to me, and intertwines our hands.

"Is it still not one of your dreams Margot?" Harry rubs his thumb against my palm.

I shrug. "I don't know, I just don't think Buffalo is the place for me anymore."

He looks over at me, a look that let's me know that this is a different subject for a different time.

He doesn't respond, and we continue to walk in silence until we reach the main strip of shops.

We mainly window shop, occasionally stopping in stores that we find interesting.

We stop in front of the record store, where a gift shop used to be. The outside of the building is pink and green, but the inside is black and red. The neon sign in the store window is on, indicating that we can go inside.

Harry holds open the door for me, and I step onto the tiled floor. I immediately head upstairs to the used section, where every vinyl is 99 cents. I always find the best things there.

As I begin leaning through, I feel Harry's tall presence next to me.

"Looking for anything in particular?" He asks me.

"Do you work here now?" I joke, as a continue to search for a good record.

"Haha very funny." He says, as he starts to look through the milk carton full of records next to me.

"I've been wanting a good jazz record recently." I reply, looking up at Harry, as he's already smiling at me.

"Noted." He nods, and we go back to our browsing.

Around ten minutes later, after Harry and I had separated to different areas of the store, I feel a tap on my shoulder.

"How about this one?" Harry asks, holding up an Ella Fitzgerald vinyl.

"Oh my god! Get Happy is such a great album, I love Ella to bits." I say as I grab the record and hug it against my chest.

Harry's dimples get deeper as he smiles at me.

"How about I get it for you?" He says, holding his hand out for me to put the record in.

"No that's alright, it's only one dollar. I got it." I reply as I walk up to the cash register.

The cashier greets me, and as I'm about to hand her a dollar bill, Harry beats me to it.

I look up at him. "I said I got it Harold."

He smirks. "I know."

author's note

Hey everybody! Sorry i haven't updated in forever, school has been incredibly busy!

I start break on Friday, so I'll try and update once or twice more before the year is over :)

I hope y'all like the pictures I put in, my friend took them.

Thank you so much for reading, you have no idea how much it means to me.

Bye for now,

-Stella :)