• chapter 8 •

Margot's POV

As Harry and I walk out of the record store, he grabs my hand. I smile to myself and didn't look over at him, even when I felt his eyes on me.

We walk back to his car, making sure to not step on the cracks in the sidewalk.

As I go around to the passenger side of the car, Harry runs around too and opens my door for me.

"M'lady."He says as he gestures to the seat of the car.

"What a gentleman." I reply, trying to be as graceful as possible as I get in the car.

Harry gently closes my door, jogs to the driver's side, and hops in.

"So are we heading back to your house now?" He asks.

"Yeah, we can hang out there for a bit, my dad won't be home until six, so we've got like two hours to kill." I say.

I can sense Harry smirking as he keeps his eyes on the road.

"Sounds good." He says.

As we pull into my driveway, Harry turns down the music and turns to me after putting the car in park.

"Margot?"

"What's up?"

"Today has been really fun." He smiles.

"Well the day's not over yet, Styles."

He raises his eyebrows as I step out of the car and walk up my front steps, house key in hand.

I unlock the door as I hear him get out of the car.

I turn around to make sure that he's behind me, seeing his bright smile as I do so.

We both walk inside and take off our shoes, the comfortable silence filling the foyer.

"Wanna go up to my room?" I ask.

"Sure."

We walk upstairs, Harry trailing behind me ever so slightly. Once we reach my room, I step in and sit on my bed. As I look up, Harry is still in the doorway, taking in the new surroundings.

"Your room is really cool." He says.

"Thanks! My 18 year old self had really good taste."

Before I decided to move to London, I gave my room an entire makeover, since I had planned on staying home for college

Before I decided to move to London, I gave my room an entire makeover, since I had planned on staying home for college. It's my dream bedroom, but I never get to see it.

"Come in Harry, I don't bite." I say laughing.

"I'm just taking in the view." He says with his reoccurring smirk.

I blush as I pat my bed, letting Harry know that it's okay to come sit next to me.

He walks up and plops himself down, and then my phone goes off. Who's calling me?

I look at the caller ID. Cassie. I've completely forgotten to call my best friend and tell her that I'm home. I smack my forehead as I accept the call.

"Cass-a-frass!" I shout, making Harry flinch in surprise.

"Margotttttttttttt!" My best friend shouts back.

"I'm so sorry I didn't call you sooner, I've been busy ever since I got home!"

"By busy do you mean you were taking a nap?"

"Haha very funny. No, I've been spending the day with a new friend." I smile, looking over at Harry. He smiles back.

"Ooooooo is it a boy?" Cassie says, I can feel her smirk over the phone.

I put my hand over my phone, and hold my finger up to Harry, mouthing "excuse me," as I step out of my room.

"Yes Cass, and he's really cute and I don't want to mess this up."

"Where'd you meet him?"

"On my flight, he's from London and best mates with Rebecca's fiancé."

"Wow small world."

"I know, it feels like fate, really."

"Has he made any moves on ya?"

"I mean he's being really flirty, he held my hand and everything. But, that could just be his personality."

"Oh shut it Margot, he's totally into you!"

"You think so?"

"Yes! Where are y'all now?"

"He's sitting on my bed, I stepped out to talk to you."

"Well you better get back in there and kiss that British man!"

"Cassie! Don't you think it's a little soon?"

"Just play it by ear. You'll know what to do."

"Thanks babe, I'll call you tomorrow okay? We can grab lunch."

"Bye Margot, I've missed you."

"Ditto," I say as Cassie hangs up the phone.

I take a deep breath out, and walk the few steps back to my room. Harry is scrolling on his phone, and he looks up at me when I enter.

"Who was on the phone?"

"My best friend Cassie, I forgot to call her when I got home yesterday, I'm the worst." I sigh and sit back down on my bed, pulling one of my pillows to my chest.

"Oh hush Margot you know that's not true." Harry says, giving me a look of reassurance.

"Thank you Harry." I reply.

As the sun sets in my window, I notice Harry's green eyes becoming greener from the extra sunlight. I've never seen something so pure. Or green, for that matter.

As we sit, I feel the sudden urge to lie down.

"Hey Harry?"

"Yes?"

"Will you lay with me?" I ask as I lean down onto my multiple pillows.

He doesn't respond.

Instead, he follows my actions, putting his arm around me as I lay my head on his shoulder. And soon, we drift off to sleep.

author's note

Happy new year! I know it's not 2019 yet, but it basically is. I graduate high school this year?! Life is crazy man.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, and the introduction to Margot's best friend Cassie!

I'll introduce Rebecca and Liam a little later, so don't worry.

I'll probably update in a week or two.

Thank you much!

All the love,

- Stella :)