• chapter 15 •

Margot's POV

I decide to retreat to my bedroom, since I'm sure I won't be eating dinner since I just ate with Cassie. My phone says that it's only 5:30, so maybe I'll have a little snack later.

Before I can even decide how I want to spend my night, I find myself drifting off to sleep not to long after I put on some sweatpants and lay down in my bed.

As my eyes flutter open, I immediately sit up. I usually do this when I'm stressed and/or disoriented. Typically I lay in bed for a while and prepare myself to interact with actual people. But today, that did not happen. I look over to my left and check my phone, the time reading 10:00. I chuckle to myself as I realize that I got over 15 hours of sleep last night. Nice.

As I pull back my comforter and gently place my feet on the cold wood floor of my bedroom, I quietly walk over to my window and pull back the curtains. I decide to open my window, to let some fresh air in. It's warm out today, feels like mid-60s to me. Like every cliche movie ever, I lean my head out the window and take a deep breath in, relishing in this warm weather that so infrequently visits Buffalo. I already know that today is going to be a great day. I can feel it.

After making my bed, which I've trained myself to do so I'm not tempted to get back in it, I sit down on top of my blankets and scroll through my phone quickly, since I haven't checked it in a while.

I then head downstairs to have something to eat, my stomach growling as I ascend down the stairs. As I round the corner to the kitchen, I can see my dad sitting outside reading the paper. The thing about Buffalo is that once the weather is even a little bit nice, everyone is outside. And I mean everyone. Neighborhood streets are filled with people going on runs and walking their dogs, children riding their bikes and the elderly taking a stroll. That's one of the things I like about Buffalo. People appreciate the good weather.

I grab a yogurt from the fridge, and decide to go outside and sit with my dad. As I pull open the sliding glass door, he looks up at me from behind his newspaper, his reading glasses resting on the bridge of his nose. I sit down on one of the two wooden Adirondack chairs, pulling back the foil on the container of yogurt.

"Hi sweetheart."

"Hey dad, nice out huh?"

"You're telling me. Rebecca must be so happy, perfect weather for the big day."

"Well the wedding is tomorrow, for all we know there'll be a snow storm in the middle of the night," I laugh as I knock twice on the wooden arm of the chair.

"Let's hope that doesn't happen."

I don't respond, since the conversation had reached a natural end in my mind. My dad and I then sit in comfortable silence as I eat and he reads. We've always been good at that.

A few hours later, I decide that I should probably start getting ready for the rehearsal dinner. Rebecca told me that I won't have to wear my maid-of-honor dress to it, which I was thankful for because knowing myself, I would somehow find a way to accidentally stain the dress before the big day even arrives.

So, I waltz over to my closet and begin to leaf through my small selection of dresses. After some thought, I decide to wear a black and white polka dot slip dress, with a light pink long sleeve worn underneath it, since I don't want to be too cold, despite the surprisingly warm weather. I put my hair in loose braids, and then add some gold necklaces and white boots to dress it up a little. Since my cousin isn't one for making things too formal, I'm sure I'll be dressy enough in what I have decided on.

After I put the finishing touches on my makeup, I walk over to my dad's room to see if he's ready to go

After I put the finishing touches on my makeup, I walk over to my dad's room to see if he's ready to go. As I roam in, I see him tying his tie, so I walk over and straighten it out for him.

"You look very handsome dad."

"And so do you pumpkin, but in a pretty way not in a handsome way," he chuckles.

I laugh. "Thank you. Are you ready to go?"

"Yep, let's rock n roll," he says as he spins his car keys around his finger.

"Be a more stereotypical dad, I dare you."

My dad raises his eyebrows at me. "You better watch that mouth young lady."

We both laugh as we walk to his car and get inside. As we pull out of the driveway, excitement builds within me for what the night will bring.

Author's note

Hi :) long time no see.

Sorry I haven't updated in what feels like forever, school & work have both been so busy that I truthfully didn't have time (or motivation) to write.

I actually wrote this while procrastinating studying, so there ya go lol.

The rehearsal dinner will be the next chapter, so get excited for more of Harry & Margot spending time together!!!!

I'm not sure when I'll update again, but hopefully it'll be sooner rather than later.

Thanks for reading :)

All the love,

- Stella :*