Chapter 02

After many years, puberty had hit like them both a hurricane. Emotions came in and so did the growth and change of them both. Except Jaehyun had pretty much stayed the same, he matured long ago that any more maturity would turn him into a boring old git with poetry for words and a heart of ice.

But Taeyong was certain, even though everyone said Jae had the heart of ice that was stated, that there was still a warmth to it, that Taeyong had only seen glimpses of.

Jaehyun was brought up to be stern with his emotions and not show them. That's why.

Meanwhile Taeyong was brought up to be the exact opposite.

Jaehyun came off as selfish, spoilt and incredibly arrogant sometimes, which he admittedly is, but Taeyong tried to teach the stubborn boy endlessly with manors and empathy, which was exactly what he was doing as he was walking at Jaehyun's side in the same private all-boys Roman Catholic School, aged 17. Taeyong was Jaehyun's property, some assumed they were dating and gave them dirty looks every now and then when in reality their relationship was more confusing than that.

'J-J-Jaehyun, they're looking at us... again.' Taeyong stuttered, hiding his face behind his stack of books in his hands.

Jaehyun scoffed. 'Fucking assholes.' With that, as you notice: his rudeness had evolved, that's why Taeyong had to teach him to be nicer. Jaehyun then stopped walking and cleared his throat. Taeyong nearly walked off as he wasn't looking where he was going and quickly looked to his side to see Jaehyun was then not there and instead was behind him, so he quickly clumsily ran back to Jaehyun's side. 'Oi! You disgraceful scumbags! STOP LOOKING! IT'S RUDE!' He then fixed his tie and cleared his throat again.

Taeyong rubbed his ear that began ringing in responce to the loud sound that was shouted into it.

Jaehyun bit into the apple that was in his hand, that move alone made him look unbothered, he chewed on it and continued walking, with his other hand in his pocket. Taeyong quickly continued walking beside him. 'T-thank you Jae.' He mumbled.

'Taeyong, the mumbling. Stop it. I'm used to your stutter, but your mumbling... it's annoying.' Jaehyun had paused walking again to look at Taeyong to tell him, but then once again he continued his journey. He crossed the courtyard and into the opposite building with Taeyong at his side as always.

They were seniors now, all grown up.

Taeyong would turn 18 at the end of the year, just before Jaehyun. Which meant he could leave Jaehyun completely by himself. But he couldn't possibly... do that. He knew Jaehyun would be so hurt. So, from this day forward. In the month of January, he promised to never hurt Jaehyun or leave him unless he was told to leave.

Taeyong hugged his books to his chest and ajusted his round glasses on his nose.

Jaehyun gave a side smile.

'You're such a nerd it's cute.' Jaehyun ruffled Taeyong's hair, Taeyong felt himself blush so he hid his face, once again.

Jaehyun, on the other hand then sighed.
'Do me a favour Tae.' He muttered.

Taeyong looked up with a sweet face of agreement

'Can you go to the gate and find Josie for me? Give her this. Try to hide yourself.' He pulled out a letter from his pocket and gave it to Taeyong.

Taeyong knew, students were not allowed near the gates what-so-ever. But Jaehyun was his guardian and master so he had to do as he was told or he'd be doing chores later. He sighed, taking the letter nervously but willingly.

Jaehyun's stupid little girlfriend.
That's what Taeyong referred to her as, he hated her so much he didn't even know it was jealousy. He enjoyed being Jaehyun's favourite person, until his place was taken. By Josie...