Chapter 40

Taeyong woke up on the comfortable surface of a sofa. His neck, head, no- his whole body ached which caused him to groan as he sat up. He was going to be sick, his face went green and he gagged, so he his eyes darted around the room until they met with the sink in the open-planned apartment that featured a living room and kitchen in the same area. When he got to the sink he vomited, it left a sting on his tongue, no it was a burn, the same burn he had when he consumed the liquid that caused this. It was a hangover for certain.

He stumbled back to the sofa holding his stomach which was cramping up.

He had felt his pocket buzz, it was his phone, so he brought it out and clicked the green calling button. 'Yeah?' He said in his sore voice, his throat was beginning to hurt because he spoke.

It was Jisung on the other line, telling him off for leaving Daisy out on the playground for an hour before the teacher called him. Taeyong had forgotten; that he had to go pick her up, he went to get food and ended up meeting old friends who he got drunk with, that was a terrible excuse and Jisung will definitely yell at him the next time he sees Taeyong. That was something he was really not looking forward to. He quickly hung up, he wasn't up for the shouting on the other line when he felt this sick.

When he put his phone back into his pocket, Chittapon had left the bathroom with a pale and knackered look to him, his hair also was extremely messy. 'You're up.' He yawned, he had walked over to Taeyong sitting on his sofa and stretched his arms.

'Johnny said he'd take you.' The boy had said. Actually, Taeyong had no idea what he was on about.

Taeyong blinked a few times.

'To see Jaehyun! Johnny's getting dressed.'

He felt his stomach tighten. 'No!' Taeyong suddenly panicked. 'I can't- he doesn't want to see me- I look terrible-' Taeyong then started to get the flashbacks of him having a meltdown last night because he missed Jaehyun too much, damn you drunk Tae! Damn you!

Chittapon wiggled his eyebrows. 'He doesn't want to see you? He has a massive poster of you on his- haaha...' He mumbled that last part and Taeyong couldn't hear.

'He what?'

'Oh, nothing.' Chittapon looked suspect as he avoided Taeyong's eyes.

Taeyong felt his bottom lip tremble. 'Why did you guys get to know where he is and what happened and I don't?' 

The boy beside Taeyong looked back at him, 'You don't know?' And at that Taeyong had realised that he had become an idol and distanced himself so much from Jaehyun. He should have thought about that before he did that... Because Jaehyun wouldn't be able to reach Jaehyun. But then, that was payback, wasn't it? If Jaehyun cared then Jaehyun seeing Taeyong's face everywhere would hurt. Suddenly Taeyong felt bad, and he sunk to the floor and hugged his knee's. 'No...'

Chittapon rolled his eyes. 'You two are just so complicated, I don't understand why you two had to over complicate everything! Agh, it's like warfare.' Chittapon then reached for the TV remote, he switched the television on and suddenly the weather anchor had appeared. It was going to snow today, Taeyong didn't like snow so much. All it did was make his body go numb and he had to wear more clothes, meaning more time being spent washing his clothes. 

Taeyong was pouting.

There was suddenly a breaking news flash and it left Chittapon raising his brow. 'Uh... Taeyong.'

'What?' Taeyong looked up at the screen. Fuck.

'BREAKING: Video surfaces of a rapper Lee Taeyong coming out as gay and acting in a barbaric way. Netizens go on to say-' Taeyong swore out loud. Kicking the floor, he was waiting to come out on his own terms. But that plan was thrown out of the window. People knew anyway, many speculated because of the rumours about him. He just accepted it and chose to not hear what people had to say about him, he was himself and he could do as he pleased and people weren't going to control him. He wouldn't let that happen, no way.

Chittapon sighed. 'I'm sorry.' He apologised, even though it wasn't his fault.

The other just told him it was fine, he had watched Johnny come out of the bedroom and grab his coat from the stand. Johnny told him they had to go before the shop closed. Place?

What place? But Taeyong had done as he was told, he said goodbye to Chittapon and put his winter coat on that was taken off before he was put to rest on a sofa. He slid his shoes on.

So is this it?
Taeyong thought. Have I really been waiting for 5 years to know that Jaehyun waited too? Well, he couldn't believe Jaehyun would do that. Except, a part of Taeyong definitely hated Jaehyun.

It was cold as usual when they got outside. Taeyong had no idea where he was being dragged off to. He had just been lead down a flight of stairs and out into the world, Johnny was speed-walking in front of him. Taeyong couldn't bother to keep up, he just stuffed his frosty hands into his coat pocket. He couldn't stop thinking about what was on the news only good ten minutes ago, he didn't want to be bothered by it but it had started to consume his mind like a hungry beast.

They had started to walk to a part of the city that had nature, it was quiet this whole fifteen minutes of walking, nature in the city was rare but it seemed to have existed, nature was something Taeyong hadn't seen in a while after he moved to the city with his siblings. Moira fell sick in the summer, she had to be hospitalized, she still is... That's the reasoning behind Taeyong having to help out even though he is an idol and has to deal with troubles of his own. He was Jisung's only support, he had no choice.

It's nice here.

The tree's on this street, they had lost their leaves due to the familiar winter curse but the air was fresh and clean, non-polluted. Then Taeyong began to slow in his pace, walking behind Johnny on this pathway towards a colourful building which sold flowers and pottery. 'Johnny, let's go back.' Taeyong's feet went stiff on the ground and he believed he couldn't go forward and his throat tightened. 'I don't want to see him.' In other words, he didn't want to see what had become of Jaehyun. He was doing fine, he was too fearful to face the man who broke his heart and left him to rot under his own circumstances. Jaehyun seemed to become a phobia to him, he was scared of love. There was such a thing, it is called Philophobia, he was afraid of falling in love. But his drunker self last night obviously wasn't, his drunk self embarrassed him.

Taeyong had shuffled back on the concrete floor that was the entrance to the building, Johnny hs turned his head around and fixed his eyes on Taeyong's afraid self. 'He's not going to bite. We came all of this way.' Taeyong's friend frowned and so Taeyong did the same thing back.

'I know we have, but he's married.' Taeyong didn't want to cause sin, if he saw Jaehyun he could possibly latch on and many different pathways could appear, and if he was to fall in love again... Adultery was a sin. He couldn't do such a thing. There were many reasons why he chose to deem this situation as an absolutely terrible idea.

Johnny tittered, that was something Taeyong hadn't seen ever from Johnny. 'He's a divorcee.'

'Why...? He was supposed to lead a happy life. I went through that pain to know he had a divorce?'