Chapter 34

Taeyong peered through Jaehyun's bedroom the night before, the boy was already asleep. He had tip-toed into the bedroom. Jaehyun had blinded the windows before going to sleep early, the setting sun was getting in his eyes and he preferred it dark when he was in his room, but there was still a pretty orange tinge peeking out of the window edges.

The boy named Taeyong crawled up onto the bed and laid flat on top of the once sleeping Jaehyun who was now only just waking up. 'Don't marry her...' He muttered to his boyfriend while the boyfriend slowly woke up and yawned. 

'Jae don't marry her, please... Marry me instead...' He whispered into Jae's ear. Jaehyun had stretched his arms out and after putting them on Taeyong's back.

'You don't hate me anymore~' Jaehyun smiled a little in a sleepy haze, had a tired tone in his voice that seemed drained, he could barely keep his eyes open and would drift to sleep every so often but he managed to wake himself up after Taeyong nagged more. 'I will marry you, hmm... in a decade.' He made another yawn and laughed in a hoarse way.

The wide-eyed Taeyong made an astounded face. 'Decade?! I'll get wrinkles by then...' He had admittedly overexaggerated. A decade wasn't like a century, it was one-tenth of that.

'I doubt you'll get wrinkles at 28...' Jaehyun was still half asleep, his eyes had closed and he seemed to be dreaming while he was in convocation with Taeyong.

Taeyong pouted. 'I probably will with the amount of stress I'll go through if you marry her!' He then poked Jaehyun's face to keep him awake as he seemed to be falling asleep, he even snored a little, but, quickly jolted himself awake to continue talking to Taeyong. Jaehyun had made a small sniffle.

'Let's not talk about it anymore, and if you do. I'll still marry you in a decade.'

Taeyong began whining. 'Why a decade!? Why not now?!'

Poor Jaehyun was trying to get some sleep but the bothersome Taeyong was more intertwined with Jaehyun's issues than his own, but this could be considered as one of Taeyong's issues as he was so bothered by it and was obviously going on about it a lot. Taeyong sighed in a frustrated way, he didn't know he could get this frustrated all in one day, he gradually laid his head on Jaehyun's chest, he could hear his boyfriends rhythm of a heartbeat, it was comforting, like a newborn baby with their mother but a different sort of love to that. The love-love.

'I'm sorry.' Taeyong heard before he drifted off, he couldn't respond because he too seemed so tired and too comfortable to wake up.

Little did he know when he slowly fell asleep in this comfort, that when he'd wake up, there was no longer that heartbeat, no longer that presence. Because the bed was empty. Only Taeyong was there, looking left to right and wondering where Jaehyun had gone.

The note left behind made it worse. Fuck.

This was what he dreaded, but worse.

Taeyong swore out loud because he knew what Jaehyun had done, he wished he could have kissed him that night before he fell asleep like that. No... that would have hurt more.

'Fuck you Jaehyun...' He said, the salty liquid had dribbled from his eyes without his notice. 'You fucking asshole... you- why did you ever fall in love with me for this to happen.' He was talking to the piece of paper like it was Jaehyun. If the paper could talk to him, why couldn't he talk to it? It was the same paper as the one that night where he had decorated Taeyong's bedroom... That romantic night... Shit. That only hurt more. He couldn't hear himself scream, nobody, not even Carlos would be able to hear his screams in this large confining mansion. Was Carlos even still here? Seeing as Jaehyun had left, apparently for good.

Was this the first heartbreak he had experienced, no. But it was more painful than the last, he knew Jaehyun more than his late parents. He could feel himself tear apart.

He really hoped this was just a nightmare, he pinched himself to make sure but he was very awake.

'Taeyong-hyung...' A voice he hadn't expected had sounded behind him. He didn't feel embarrassed though when he knew who it was, even if they heard his screaming and ugly cries of grief. 'He told me to take you home with me...' Jisung's bottom lip began trembling as he saw Taeyong in such a state because of losing such a puzzle piece named Jaehyun and being left with a note instead. Taeyong gazed, puppied-eyed around the room and had realised how everything was emptied out, all this had happened while he was asleep! He could have woken up and prevented it all! He hated rich people, he hated their lifestyle! He hated it! How they could just do this so easily!

It's so selfish.

'W-what is happening?' Taeyong cried more, his eyes had been layered over with tears. They made his cheeks burn, it hurt. The more and more his heart tore, the more the taps in his eyes were unstoppable.

Jisung shuffled across the bedroom and sat beside Taeyong, his younger brother was unsure as to what he was supposed to do, but he began stroking Taeyong's back gently. 'I d-don't know. I don't like him. And I-I don't think I can f-forgive your... friend anymore.'

'Don't! I hate them all!'

Was this it?

Was...

Where did Jaehyun go... what is he doing... 

Was he...? No... He can't of... He promised Taeyong, he was so happy.