Love is More

September 4th, 1977

There was a crowd gathered and people shouting when I exited the store, I had only been looking for a gift for someone. It took me a while but I pushed my way to the front of the crowd and there was just the body, no arms or legs or head, just a body.

I recognized the shirt, it was pale blue even though it was tainted by blood you could make out the "Book Nerd" written in white across the front. Her body had been stuck on a post like she was a lollipop. It was my girlfriend, Bridget Waters.

I immediately ran up to the people at the front The Shadow Order members surrounded Bridget and talked in quickly hushed voices, "Hey!" I shouted at them and they looked at me. "That's Bridget Waters, my girlfriend..." I said softly and I only noticed I was crying when I felt the warm tears rolling down my cheeks.

The Shadow Order grabbed me and pulled me into our private car and we went to Headquarters. We soon arrived on the top floor and we all took a seat.

"Millie... I don't know what to say." Our leader Tom said as he seemed to be in deep thought, "It's like Clara and George all over again, they seem to be going directly for members of The Order."

"So that means I'm next doesn't it?" I asked him unsure as I felt terror run through my veins like I had been electrocuted.

"I believe so, they seem to kill a member then their significant other." He said getting up and walking over and locking the door which I found a bit odd but didn't say anything.

"Why would they do that? It doesn't exactly make sense." I ask him thinking aloud not sure how the whole ordeal made sense.

"Well, you see Millie... Sometimes people want revenge after you hurt them, and so they will start by hurting your feelings by killing your love, and then kill you after some torture." He said as if the whole sentence didn't bother him and he opened the large glass window that looked out into the city.

I was about to ask him how he knew all that but I said nothing as it slowly dawned on me exactly how. There's only one way he could have known all that without anyone else in The Order knowing, "Your one of them, and you brought me here to kill me." I said quietly, "Because I broke your heart two years ago when I figured out I was gay." I got up and backed towards the door looking for an exit something to use against the man.

He turned and smiled at me from his place at the window, "Well done Millie, if you weren't about to die you could be the next in line to take over." He walked towards me and I did the next thing I knew possible I picked up the chair and busted it over his head. He hit the ground and blood spewed out his nose and it seemed his lip was cut and had a large open wound.

Our orders if we ever came face to face with a Gorifier was to kill and ask questions later. I grabbed him and dragged him over to the window. His face smeared blood all over the white carpet as I pulled the rather heavy grown man up to his feet, and then I shoved him out the window watched him fall to his death.

I watched to make sure he was dead then ran out of the room and down the hall and the stairs to the bottom office area. "Tom Harrison was a Gorifier." I shouted throughout the room and all eyes were on me, "He was going to kill me, I beat him to it but I got information out of him."

"Let's hear it then." Our next male leader in line Gerald said looking at me carefully for any signs of lying.

"The Gorifiers seem to be broken-hearted people wanting revenge on those who broke them." Gerald nodded for even he knew of mine and Tom's situation.

"Candy Mellowgreen had to of killed Clara and George then." He said as a statement, not a question, it would make sense. In 1971 George fell in love with a girl named Candy Mellowgreen. Candy was one of the prettiest girls in our town and everyone loved her. In 1974 George broke it off when he met Clara because he said he saw more in her. He said Candy on the outside was pretty and everything someone could want, but on the inside, she was a conniving bossy ass bitch.

On September 1st it would have been their anniversary if they had still been dating, the same day George died. "Millie, I'm now placing you as the female head of the department," He looked at some of the others, "Now let's go peel Tom off the sidewalk before someone else does." Everyone ran out and went to go take care of Tom, and I walked over to Becca Lynn our tech girl, and just our girl to do random things for us.

"Becca send a message to The Gorifiers tell them I just helped them out with number 4 of 200." They would know one of us killed Tom, it wouldn't be a war for broken hearts any longer, it would be a war for revenge for killing one of their own.