Maze Runner

September 16th 

Candy Mellowgreen sat in an office room of The Gorefier headquarters. She didn't plan on killing Gerald, he wasn't her problem. Candy's problem was Millie.

She pushed her chair away and got a wild idea to which she immediately acted upon. She pranced down several flights of stairs before landing on the 1st floor. She walked down a pitch-black hallway without bumping into a single thing. It was a task she had practiced over several times.

Candy headed into a double door that was smeared in blood and looked around the room. "Michael are you in her darling?" She said in her fake innocent voice.

"Yes my, love." The young boy maybe in his 20s said in a British accent that Candy did enjoy. That didn't mean her dream of murdering this man still wasn't there. Candy often visualized killing everyone she saw in her mind, it was her favorite thing to do.

"Dear I need you to capture Millie tie her to the middle of Black Maze, then I'm going to challenge Becca, Gerald, and a few others to a little game, if they win Millie gets to live if not she dies." Candy said with a shrug she didn't care either way she always had a backup plan.

"Who dies if they win?" Michael asked a bit uneasily. He had been tricked into joining by what he thought was a sweet innocent girl. He was never more wrong.

Candy thought for a moment then smirked evilly giggled and pranced away. Michael sent a team out but that didn't stop him from worrying, he knew deep down if Millie lived he died.

Millie

"Ouch, motherfucker." I looked at the papercut on my finger, it wasn't bleeding that much but still hurt like a bitch.

"Are you alright Millie?" Becca's voice chimed from behind me at the door. Becca had no idea I killed her sister in a game of truth or dare. Becca did know she was dead but she had no idea it was me.

"Yeah paper cut," I muttered and Becca giggled as she stood next to me.

"Paper isn't for cutting that's what the scissors are for." She said to me and I couldn't help but chuckle.

"You're a dolt," I told her and she giggled as she left the room.

At that moment I wished she hadn't because as soon as she was down the hall the door closed. Behind it stood Candy in a black hoodie and several other hooded figures stepped out from the shadows.

How long had they been there? How did I miss them? How did they even get in here? There was only one of me and 6 of them, I couldn't take all of them.

"Hello there Millie we meet again sadly. But I want to play a game and you are the star!" Candy began telling me as I searched around the room for something that might save my ass. Unfortunately, I was screwed. "Now come on it's going to be fun." Candy grinned and they jumped on me and I screamed but it was too late. I had no idea how we got out of that room or how we ended up outside.

A boy pushed a sedative on me and I passed out now that they knew we were safe outside, and the world of darkness surrounded me.

***

What's worse than waking up in a place where you don't know, is waking up in a place you do know. Especially if you know you are trapped in that very place and yet you know it like the back of your hand.

I was tied to a metal bench in the middle of Black Maze. The maze had been home to several wolves and bats for years now. The maze used to open up every year on Halloween and Friday the 13ths to give everyone scares. It shut down 5 years ago due to people going missing in it and never being found.