The New Order

September 30th 

Gerald 

I headed towards the train station where Candy had guards lining the area trying to prevent people from leaving. I pulled out my gun and connected the silencer. I aimed towards the roof of the building and fired a shot. The bullet bounced off the ceiling and hit the floor which alerted the guards who left their position and started running around looking for the issue.

I carefully snuck over to one of the cargo trains heading to the Capitol of Japan and slipped in hiding behind a box. It was a good while before the train began moving and I successfully had managed not to get caught.

*~*

The train stopped in Tokyo which was Japan's Capitol. There wasn't a new Emperor yet but his wife had managed to keep running Japan. I entered what appeared to be a fortress where the Empress lived.

Empress Kōjun was in the library where I was led to by her guards. "Empress Kōjun, Gerald from The Shadow Order." Her guard replied with a little curtsy before leaving.

She turned to face me, "Hello Gerald, what can we do for you?" She said softly brushing her fingers over books she'd probably read a million times.

"I want you close off The Town Of シャッタード・ソウルズ," I said to her formally.

She sighed, "Of course, I always knew that town was meant for destruction and failure." She turned to look at me with tired eyes and I looked at her questions looming in my eyes.

"Why do you say that?" I asked her and she walked across the room pulling a book from the shelf and brushed the dust off the cover.

"The Town of シャッタード・ソウルズ or rather The Town of Shattered Souls." She handed me the book and looked deep into my eyes, "You can read it, but you mustn't tell anyone what you read in here, it tells the future I swear it. I trust you to know to try to get away in the end if you can, but you may not be able to, I wish you luck."

"Thank you, goodbye Empress thank you for everything," I said giving a curtsey and heading for the door.

She smiled at me giving a nod in my direction, "Goodbye and good luck Gerald."

The door closed behind me as I headed out and I headed off for lunch and to find a hotel room for the night considering it was late. I arrived at a small little café and took a seat near the back.

I was approached by a blonde who seemed sweeter than most people I was used to. "Hi my name's Emberly, can I take your order?" She asked and I couldn't tell if it was just me or if something was compelling me to talk to her.

I motioned for her to sit down in front of me, "Actually if you don't mind having a chat with me?" I asked and she shrugged, the café was empty so she assumed there wouldn't be a problem.

"So tell me why you wanted to chat?" She asked as if it was no big deal but her bright blue eyes loomed with curiosity.

I chuckled a little, "Well you see all the blonde's I met have been kind of crazy, but you are rather different, why do you work in this lonely café?"

"I'm saving money up to move to America, I want to become a heart surgeon and save people's lives, sadly Japan isn't the place for that." She sighed quietly and I smiled, I wanted to help her, at least someone wanted to do the right thing. It was too late for Japan, but America seemed full of promise.

"How much have you saved up?" I asked her and she sighed again.

"Only $1000, not nearly enough. It takes a lot to be able to leave to a new country and go to school to become something as fancy as a heart surgeon." She said and I pulled out my checkbook.

I assumed I would be dead by the end of the war raging in my town, I wouldn't need this money anymore. I wrote her a check for 5 million dollars and passed it over. "I hope you fulfill your dreams."

I got up leaving the café and the young girl who I hoped one day would save many lives. I headed to a hotel and checked in for a night and sat in the chair that was in the room. I opened up the book the Empress gave me for the first time.

What I read next, was what I never would have expected.

Candy

Gerald had managed to escape to the Capital and I knew the Empress would take his side, but that didn't mean I couldn't destroy this town while I was at it. I knew what I had to do to win in the end. No one would stop me, they couldn't.

The first order of business, of course, was taking care of stupid guards who couldn't seem to follow directions. I turned away from my balcony window of the house I'd stolen. I opened the door to see Rylee outside getting ready to knock, "Oh uh sorry I just... nevermind." Rylee turned and walked away or rather Taylor who gladly impersonated her twin.

I grabbed her and turned her back towards me "Actually maybe you could help me with something, and I'll even tell you a secret." Rylee was certainly up for that and I smiled as she gladly agreed to my little deal.

I headed down the hall Rylee followed me and I headed into the main room where all my guards who had been at the train station sat waiting. "Alright who was it?" I assumed they all had a small part but finding out where people's loyalties truly lied was fun.

As expected they picked themselves, strangely enough, they all pointed at the same guy who looked rather offended, but he also didn't expect any less. I smiled and looked at Rylee, "Take care of that, then come see me."

I turned and headed back to my room as she went on to kill the man, and when she was done she entered, and I glared at her. "Do you know how to knock?" I asked her and she jumped.

"Oh sorry, I forgot." I rolled my eyes at her as she followed that up with a question, "Do you plan on counting that as part of your 200 murders?"

"Hmm, how'd you kill him?" I asked her turning in the train and resting my arms on the back of it.

"I ripped his guts out then choked him with his long intestine." She said and I grinned at her.

"Well in that case, yes I believe I will," I responded as she walked over to me.

"So what's the secret? I am rather curious." She said sitting down on the floor in front of me and I chuckled.

"Well did you know my real name is Candice?" I asked her and she rolled her eyes.

"That's the secret, why are you telling me that?" She asked me lost and I smiled as I stood up from my chair.

"Because you're going to be screaming that name all night."