The Deadly End Part 2

December 27th

Maxine

I had seen what happened and I started running back to headquarters it was now midnight she had died at 11:57 and it was still dark outside. I had followed Hiromay cause I was worried about her, and I had a right to be. But I suddenly tripped and when I looked up I saw Candice. She had her arms folded over her chest and she looked pretty pissed. 

"Come on Maxine stop running from me, you knew you had to face me some time, you know for your udder betrayment." She said and held out her hand which I just took as she pulled me up and I sighed looking at her.

"I didn't want to die, so I tried doing the right thing," I told her and she rolled her eyes and looked at me like I was an idiot. 

"You realize you're going to die anyway correct?" She said and I scratched the back of my neck and looked down at the ground.

"Yeah I suppose I am, so how are you going to kill me?" I asked her as I looked back up at her. She smiled at me though as she put her arm around my shoulder and we began walking down the empty, dead, and desolate street. 

"Why don't you pick how you will die? That will be fun, do something creative though don't be lame, you were a Gorifier once you know what I mean." I looked away from her and didn't answer her prompt right away instead I changed the subject. 

"Why'd you wait so long to kill me?" I asked her and she shrugged a bit but smirked to herself. 

"You weren't that big of a threat to me, I could have killed you anytime but I figured I'd let you have a little more time to enjoy life. But since I let you ask that now it's my turn. Why'd you turn on me after everything I did for you?"

It was true, I had been on the brink of suicide I was on rock bottom with my life when Candice found me and turned me into a Gorifier. But she didn't care about me perhaps that's why I did it, "Well, I suppose I was desperate for someone to care about me and you didn't so I thought maybe they would." 

She stopped and stood in front of me and spat in my face, "Nobody cares about you Maxine, haven't you realized that yet. No one has cared about you since the day you were born, at least I gave you something to work for, oh and let's not forget a roof over your head instead of behind that dumpster." 

She knew her words would hurt me but I expected it, she was the type. "But you used me for your sick games, I didn't want that!" I shouted back at her and she shook her head at me. 

"Maybe I did, but it's the least they could you could have done. Besides they used you to get to me, the moment you stepped out of line they were ready to kill you and they still don't trust you. At least I trusted you, I even waited for you to come back, or maybe even apologize but no you think you are too sophisticated. Well then maybe you should die with sophistication." She said the venom in her voice and I looked her dead in the face, there was nothing that could save me now. 

"I don't owe you or anyone an apology, I don't owe this world anything, but for what it's worth at least I tried to do something good before my death. So you know what if you're going to kill me, kill me then! Surprise me I don't care anymore just anything to stop hearing your annoying voice." I said that to her and she lost it.

I was on the ground and she was on top of me she grabbed my head and smashed it into the ground and that was the last I remember. 

Candice

Maxine's brain was everywhere all over the pavement, my hands, but I was shaking, it was the Devil inside she didn't want to have to kill Maxine, she reminded her of herself. It was the first and only death I had ever felt bad about. 

She had been my friend, all she wanted was to feel like someone cared about her. She wouldn't get that in this life anymore, and I hoped that wherever her soul went it got exactly what she wanted, love. I don't know why I was feeling this way but I had a job to complete. Only 4 more to go.