Left for the Birds

September 8th, 1977

Millie

I received a letter in the mail a few days after Seth's disappearance only to see it was a description of his death. I told Gerald and he didn't say anything. Seth was so young when he joined us, and he was just a boy.

There was no doubt in my mind that The Gorifiers would stop at nothing, and they didn't care who it was. They'd kill them.

I headed downstairs to the others who worked at an area of several desks doing their own things. The Shadow Order had several different positions. The Fighters were willing to sacrifice themselves at any cost for us. The Techies did all our computer work, tracking, spying things like that.

The Counselors there are 3, the head counselor was the one who was always next in line to take over if the head of the Order died. There was 3 for female and 3 for male. The same worked for the other two Counselors. We always had to have a backup. The Secretaries, did all the paperwork mainly a lot of death certificates and the murder paperwork and organizing files for each person, keeping records, and so forth.

Then there was the Head(s) of the Shadow Order. Gerald and I were the female and male heads we were there to make sure everything went smoothly and did a lot of other things. The Hunters were the last of our group they hunted anyone who was kidnapped and found their bodies if they ended up dead.

I looked around the room, I was looking for someone, in particular, to help me out. She was new into the department today would make her 3rd day. She was supposedly Seth's girlfriend and she wanted to avenge him, or die and live with him in the afterlife, either could be true considering the circumstances.

Mandy Lefara had an advantage, she knew the Emperor of Japan. She had even scheduled for him to come tomorrow and speak with us about this matter. The question was where was she?

"Becca where's Mandy?" I asked her walking over mid-sentence.

She looked up at me pushing her glasses up to her face that had fallen slightly, "I don't know Mill, she hasn't come in today."

Becca was the only one I allowed to call me that because I liked her, a lot. That was beside the point though, if Mandy wasn't here that could mean she was in grave danger, or she was just late. I was hoping for the latter option.

I walked over to my head hunter because every team had a head leader, "Lewis would you mind going out with a few of your Hunters and searching for Mandy, I want her found," I paused and thought about my next words, "Call me when you find her dead or alive." I told him and walked back to my office. Now I had to play the waiting game.

***

"Hello? Is anyone there?" Mandy Lefara screamed out from the small empty room she was in. There was nothing there but black walls.

"Hello, Mandy! I'm glad to finally meet you." A voice said from the door the person had just entered. The voice was one of those voices you never forget, it was a chilling squeaky but soft voice that sounded like it didn't belong to a human.

"Candy Mellowgreen?" Mandy said looking at the blonde and shaking her head, then stopped, "Nice to meet me? You mean before you kill me?"

"Not exactly." She said tapping her chin and smiling a wicked smile, "You see Mandy you have a very interesting connection," she began to pace in deep thought so I seemed, but it was clear she knew exactly what she came to say. "You are connected to the Emperor which could serve a great use to us, so you can join us or die." She said plainly simply no questions asked it was an all or nothing, "You can have a few minutes to think about it if you want."

Mandy didn't need a few minutes to think, the answer was obvious, "Absolutely not you sick bitch, Kill me." She spat in Candy's face and brought her hand around bitch-slapping her. Mandy wasn't one to take bullshit from anyone, not even this girl.

Candy didn't even look mad she just smiled as the side of her face began to show a bright red handprint, "Have it your way."

Candy pulled out a knife and took Mandy to the floor, she began to cut her into pieces. She started with her toes cutting off each individually and she basked in Mandy's screams that echoed and shook the room.

She cut off her fingers leaving them bloody nothing's, this made Mandy flail her hand a little as panic seeped through the girl's veins, like the blood seeping from her hands and feet. She soon lost her hands, feet arms, legs. But Candy didn't stop at just cutting them off she cut them into little pieces and put them in a box she had pulled out of a dark corner of the room.

She removed every piece of Mandy and made her into little pieces. She was nothing but little pieces and Candy laughed. "Nothing but bird food."

***

I had received a call from The Hunters saying they found Mandy. I looked around the wide-area they had found her in wondering what the hell kind of joke this was, birds were everywhere, which was surprising in this gloomy town, that was until I noticed they were eating something. It wasn't till I got closer I realized it was Mandy.

Mandy was in a million pieces like she had been thrown around the area like bread left for birds. The only whole thing was her heart. Her heart spelled a message on the ground.

"Bet you can't guess who's next, we know, will you figure out in time?" <3 The Gorifiers

The message seemed to be written in the blood that had been on her heart, then her heart was set next to The Gorifier's name as if they were giving us a loving heart sign. Sick bastards, I thought to myself as I sighed and began collecting her pieces and taking a picture of the message, and heading back to headquarters to sort out what would happen next.