What's Next?

I know, long time no see, but i need to vent about whats going on with Smosh and defy media. And even though i haven't been in the smosh fandom for a year now i still watch them frequently and follow whats going on and it just hurts to hear what happened.

So incase you haven't been on twitter or instagram in the past 24 hrs defy media announced it would be closing its doors and ending production on all of its channels (smosh, smosh games, clevver, break, screen junkies, etc). More than 80 employees will be out of a job including Ian and the entire smosh family. Ian and other smosh members are saying that this isn't the end of smosh and that they are finding a new home for Smosh but Joven said in his video on his personal channel the return could be indefinite and he's not sure when or if they will be able to come back.

Anthony made a video about the news and I'm SO FUCKING HAPPY HE SPILLED THE TEA! I knew from the start that Anthony had no problem with the crew or cast members when he left I always had a feeling it was because of the lack of control he had over the company he started from the ground up. He has been biting his tounge for so long in order to make sure his friends didn't lose their jobs and he knew for the longest time that defy was shady af and was so relieved he could say whats been on his mind for years. The company was a fucking scam!

I'm sad and angry. I'm sad that all of these creative and talented people (some with families) are now jobless! I'm sad that the one channel that helped me get through hard times in middle school and some high school is gone for now (i stopped watching smosh religiously around mid 2016. After that i would stop in every so often). But I'm angry that they gave no one a warning and was just like "bye! Pack up your shit tomorrow! Don't care what happens to you!" Like are you kidding me? First they gave them until January to find a new home and new jobs but then they were like "jk how about now?" And Anthony's right, if Defy was making millions each year and he and other workers were only seeing a small portion of it, where the fuck did the rest of it go? How can a company supposedly gain millions yearly but continue to pay their employees shit while the rest is no where to be seen?

I have absolutely no idea about the rights of Smosh and if defy closing means Ian (and maybe Anthony) had the Smosh brand given back to them. If they don't own it I think Ian should try and buy back Smosh and start their own production company (kinda like what the try guys did). It'll be expensive but with the amount of fans they had they'd make their money back within a year. Maybe Joe Bereta and the valleyfolk people will help out and maybe fund some of Smosh's production? Everything is uncertain at this point for Smosh's history tbh as much as Ian says it's not over i'm not 100% sure an entire brand with 3 channels sill be able to recover and pick up where they left off. I hope the smosh and smosh games members starts working on their old channels and maybe do some solo stuff. Maybe since Ian isn't owned by defy anymore he'll appear on Anthony's channel. Maybe if Smosh does come back they can bring back flitz (since he's innocent and showed proof that the girls were lying). Maybe in my dreams Anthony will come back to Smosh and at least be a co-owner/director/producer/manager. Idk if sohinki and lasercorn would come back they seem to be doing fine with their toasterghost channel. Maybe they will rehire Sunny the terrible ref (who was laid off in May/ June of this year). Joven said that Damien, Boze, Mari, and Himself have some stuff planned for their personal channels for the time being and I'm happy to see what they have planned for us!

Who knows what's next?...

Anthony's Video: https://youtu.be/1_zuDvgfULw

Joven's Video: https://youtu.be/mXUvpLQRoBo

Philip Defranco's video (1st story he covers): https://youtu.be/WIPKrDAaPps

Comment on what you think about it (if anyone's here lol i'm 99% sure i'm talking to myself rn)