~ Chapter 3 ~

Ethan's POV

Emma and I got ready to leave, so we could go see the Empire State Building. I'm a nervous wreck right now and I don't know what to do. How do I explain to her how I feel? Will she even like me back? What happens if this ruins something between us? I can't just back out now.

Emma's POV

We got in an Uber and went to the Empire State Building. It was already around 7ish meaning the sun was setting. I can't wait to see what it looks like from the top. Besides that, I'm fucking screwed. I just know I'm gonna mess up while talking to Ethan, I can just feel it.

We got there and honestly, that shit seemed a lot taller in person. I was kinda scared going up, but I shouldn't be worrying about that now. We went up to the top and just looked at the view. It's absolutely gorgeous. I made Ethan take pictures for me because my feed is getting dry lol. While I was editing my photos, Ethan starts to speak.

Ethan: "Hey Emma?"

There was some silence between us.

Emma: "Yes?"

Ethan: "I've been wanting to tell you something for a while now..."

Emma: "Actually, me too. I finally realized something today that I didn't think was possible.

I had a real long pause. I was scared, but I needed to say it.

Emma: "I like you."

Ethan: "Oh..."

Emma: "What's wrong?"

Ethan: "I was gonna say that I like you, but I know that you don't like me that way."

Emma: "Dude I said I like you," I say while laughing.

Ethan: "No I get it, I see why you don't- wait what? Did you just say you liked me?"

Emma: "YES YOU DUMBASS," I say while fully cracking up.

Ethan: "That turned out better than expected. I do have one question though."

Emma: "What?"

Ethan: "Are we thing? I mean we don't have to be if you don't-"

Emma: "That depends, I didn't think I'd make it this far into the conversation."

He gave a small chuckle.

Emma: "I thought I would only have to say that I like you. I never thought of us becoming a thing. We can if you want," I say smiling.

Ethan: "In that case, will you be my girlfriend?"

Emma: "Of course," I say in a soft voice.

We both slowly lean into each other until our lips intertwine. The kiss lasted like 5 seconds but it felt like forever. I could get used to kissing those lips more often to be honest. We both pull away and just stare at each other's eyes. His eyes are brown with specks of hazel in them, I like that.

Ethan: "I guess we're official now," he says with a big fat smile.

I laugh at him and just sit by his side. I'm really excited about all the things we could do together. Me, Emma Frances Chamberlain, has never had a boyfriend. I don't really know what couples do. I can be loyal and love him like no other, but I don't know what couples physically do. I know Ethan's dated a few people before me. I wish I had the knowledge he had.

We sat there for quite awhile until it was fully dark out. We decided to head home. We also need to tell Grayson and James because it'd be rude not to tell your best friends that you're in a relationship. Especially if it's with one of their best friends. We reached the hotel and went into our room.

Ethan: "Hello," E yells into our room.

Gray: "Hey, did you guys have fun?"

Emma: "Yeah it was gorgeous out there."

James: "Hey kitty girls," James says while walking into the room.

Ethan and I both sit down in the couch.

James: "How did your date go?" He says bursting in laughter.

We both kinda got red.

Gray: "It was not a date James, they were just hanging out," he laughs even louder.

Ethan: "We actually have to tell you guys something..."

James: "What?"

Emma: "We're-"

Ethan: "Dating..."

I immediately got a scream from James. He was jumping around the entire time. Grayson just kept laughing at him but gave us a hug.

Gray: "Promise me something Emma, and only one thing. Don't break his heart."

Emma: "I promise," I say in a light voice.

I give him another hug and look at Ethan. He was smiling like no other. I sat back down on the couch and just cuddled with Ethan. Not that spooning shit or anything, but he put his arm around me and I put my head on him. This is probably the most romantic thing I've done. For me, it's the little things I remember. This moment is something I won't forget.

A/N: I feel like the story is legitimately boring so far but just wait lol.

Word Count: 826