Sorting Ceremony

Y/N POV
The first years had to walk at the front of the hall to start their Sorting Ceremony. I was trying to remember things and people from the books but I couldn't and my head would hurt.

My mind got interrupted when I heard an old wizard announced"I, Professor Dumbledore have a few start of term notices I wish to announce. The first years please note that the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also, our caretaker, Mr. Filch has asked me to remind you that the 3rd floor corridor on the right hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death. Thank you." He had a long white beard, with half moon glasses wearing a large cloak.

The woman next to him said "The first year students will now began their Sorting Ceremony." As she looked at me "and you too Miss L/N." She continued " For those who do not know me, I am Professor McGonagall. When I call your name, you will come forth, I shall place the sorting hat on your head, and you will be sorted into your houses. Ginny Weasley."

As she placed the Sorting hat on Ginny's head the hat started to talk. "Hm, Ah right then. Hmmm. Okay, GRYFFINDOR!!"
A loud cheer from the Gryffindor table welcomed Ginny.

Professor McGonagall started to call students one by one.
"Colin Creevey."
- "Gryffindor!"
I watched each student getting sorted into each houses until Professor McGonagall called my name.
"Y/N L/N."
I nervously walked towards the stool and sat on it. Professor McGonagall placed the Sorting Hat on my head. I could see the whole hall filled with students looking straight at me.
"Hmmm. Very hard. Ahh. You may be a Slytherin. Since you are very ambitious and very cunning. But you're also very brave and daring. I think you will be excellent in....
GRYFFINDOR!!"
The loud cheer from the Gryffindor table filled the room. I could see Hermione smiling cheerfully. Still no sign of Ron and Harry. I quickly went towards them and sat next to Hermione.

After everyone was sorted into their houses. It was time for the Start Of The Term Feast. Everything was so delicious! There were pretty much every food you can get! You name it, it's there!

During the feast, it was the perfect time introduce myself to other Gryffindor students. I started talking to Neville Longbottom and Seamus Finnigan. I asked Neville "So Neville, do you like Hogwarts?"
"Yes I love it here! Why is that?" He asked. I giggled "Not many people in my world like going to school. Especially me, I hate it there. But I think I will enjoy school now actually, since I'm attending Hogwarts!!!"

After the feast
I became much closer to Hermione. Especially even more when we found out that I got assigned to the same dorm as her. The Gryffindor prefect lead us to the Gryffindor Common Room. Once we were inside he said "Okay guys, gather 'round here. Welcome to the Gryffindor Common Room. Boys' dormitories, upstairs and down to your left. Girls, the same on your right. You'll find that your belongings have already been brought up."

Once I arrived at my dormitory, I got ready for bed and flopped right onto my bed. It felt so warm and soft, like my bed at home. 'Today was a long day.' I thought to myself as my eyes gradually started to close and made me drift to sleep. First night at Hogwarts done and dusted....