The Basilisk

Y/N POV
The next day.
We all decided to meet up at the hospital wing while visiting Hermione. Hermione was lying down the exact way I saw yesterday "Hey, Hermione are you all right?" I asked worriedly.

"There's no point in talking to a petrified person. She won't hear a word you're saying."

Ron shifted uncomfortably, "We know that, Madam Pomfrey. It's just, well, you see, we thought, maybe, we could... be with her for
a bit. She's our... friend, you see, and... even if she can't hear us... I mean, it can't hurt, can
it?" He asked.

"Very well then. But be quick about it."
then she scurried off.

We watched Madam Pomfrey until she left the room. Harry leaned towards Hermione, looking at her unhappily "Wish you were here, Hermione. We need you. Now more than ever..."

I noticed that Hermione was holding a piece of scrunched up paper. I took out the crinkled paper from her hand and opened it up. It was torn from one of the library books in our library.

"Of the many fearsome beasts that roam our land, none is more deadly than the Basilisk. Capable of living for hundreds of years, instant death awaits any who meet this giant serpent's eye. Spiders flee before it and only the crowing of the rooster can kill it" Harry read, then suddenly looking up. "Guys! This is it! The monster in the Chamber of Secrets is a
Basilisk. That's why I can hear it speak. It's a snake."

"But it kills by looking people in the eye. Why is it no one's dead?" I questioned.

"Because no one did look it in the eye. Not directly at least... Colin saw it through his camera. Justin must've seen the Basilisk
through Nearly Headless Nick! Nick got the full blast of it, but he's a ghost, he couldn't die again... And Hermione... had the mirror! I bet you anything she was using it to look round
corners, in case it came along." Harry explained.

"And Mrs. Norris? I'm pretty sure she didn't have a camera or a mirror, Harry." Ron pointed out.

"The water... there was water on the floor that night. She only saw the Basilisk's reflection!"

"All of this fits! The reason that everyone isn't dead is because they didn't look at the Basilisk right in the eye! Harry you're a geni—" I said with enthusiasm.

Ron cut me off "Wait, But how's the Basilisk been getting around? A dirty great snake. Someone would have seen it."

Harry pointed at Hermione's hand, something was written in black. It read 'Pipes'.

"Pipes...? It's using the plumbing?!" Ron said filled with aghast.

"Remember what Aragog said? About that girl fifty years ago? She died in a bathroom. What if she never left." Harry said.

"Who is Aragog?" I asked. But neither of them answered. They were so glued to their conversation which made them totally forget I was even here.

"Moaning Myrtle! What if it's her?!" Ron exclaimed.

The excitement got stolen when we heard Professor McGonagall voice echoing amongst the castle.

"All students are to return to their house dormitories at once. All teachers to the second floor corridor. Immediately."

"I think maybe something serious happened again. Why don't we go and check it out quietly?" I suggested.

Few moments later...

We followed the sound until we were close enough so we can hear what the Professors who were talking about clearly. We all hid behind the wall and listened precisely to what they were talking about.

"As you can see, the Heir of Slytherin has left another message. Our worst fear has been realised. A student has been taken by the monster. Into the Chamber itself." Professor McGonagall's voice echoed. "I'm afraid we shall have to send the students home.  I'm afraid this is the end of Hogwarts."

Harry, Ron and I all looked at each with sorrow and fear. We were all scared and worried that this might be the end of Hogwarts...

A/N
Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Let me know if you have any suggestions on the next book! I'm still thinking whether I should do a sequel or do a book completely different from Harry Potter!

Thanks a lot:)