Herbology

Y/N POV
After breakfast, since we had the same classes we all went down to the Greenhouses together.
Once we got there, a professor with flyaway grey hair who wore a patched, frayed pointed hat and shabby robes, covered in dirt welcomed us.

"Welcome to Greenhouse Three, Second Years. If you don't know me I am Professor Sprout. Today, we are going to repot Mandrakes. Now, who here can tell me the properties of the Mandrake root?" She questioned. Hermione hand shot right up in the air. 

"Yes, Miss Granger."

"Mandrake, or Mandragora, is used to return those who have been petrified to their original state. It's also quite dangerous. The Mandrake's cry is fatal to anyone who hears it." Hermione answered logically. I was surprised to see that Hermione knew so many things.

"Excellent. Ten points to Gryffindor."
"Yas!" I whisper-shouted to Hermione while She beamed. I noticed Malfoy frowning at us.

Professor Sprout then continued "As our Mandrakes are only seedlings, their cries won't kill you yet. However, they will knock you out for several hours. That is why I have provided each of you with a pair of earmuffs."

We each got handed earmuffs and we all put them on. I noticed that Ron was frowning, as he had pink fluffy ones. I giggled at him. He just rolled his eyes at me.

Professor Sprout demonstrated on how to re pot the Mandrakes. She carefully popped one out it was a very ugly brown looking baby. It let out a very high-pitched noise that made everyone shocked. We tried blocking our ears even though we had the earmuffs as it wouldn't block the noise fully.

Neville couldn't bear it any longer so he just fell straight on the ground. Professor came over and looked at him while saying "Hm looks as though Mr Longbottom neglected his earmuffs."

"No ma'am. He's just fainted." Seamus quickly exclaimed. 

"Very well. We'll just leave him then. Come now. Four to a tray, plenty of pots to go round." She hurried.

We each got our own Mandrake to repot. "In 3,2,1 we pull them out together alright?" Harry said frighteningly while pressing down on his earmuffs. 

"Okay." 

"In 3, 2 and 1!" We pulled them out and the Mandrake's cries filled the room. We rapidly planted the mandrakes back into another pot and filled them nicely with dirt.

I looked around the greens house and saw that half of the students were done but I noticed that Malfoy thought the Mandrakes were cute so he put his finger in their mouth and they bit him straight away. I laughed at him so he glared right back at me.

...

"I don't think that Malfoy boy likes me that much." I told the 3 of them while we were going to our next class.

"Trust me, Draco doesn't like anyone except for those people who are pure bloods or who are with him 24/7 like Crabbe or Goyle." Harry answered. "If he's ever rude to you, so ignore him. He's not worth it, he's always like that."

"I just wanna be friends with a lot of people but I guess that's not gonna work." I told them.
We all agreed that it's near impossible that one of us will become friends with Draco Malfoy but even if we did have a chance we wouldn't take it.