Dueling Club

Y/N POV
Today was a day where the first ever Dueling Club starts! At 8 o'clock in the evening, Hermione, Harry, Ron and I went back to the Great Hall to see what the Dueling Club was about.

The Great Hall was set up with a long, large stage that was perfect for fashion shows and cat walking. There were about 100 students here all waiting for the Professors to come out.

After a little while, Professor Lockhart came upon the platform while saying "Gather round! Gather round! Can everyone see me? Can you all hear me? Excellent. In light of the dark events of recent weeks, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little
Dueling Club, to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves as I myself have done on countless occasions -- for full
details, see my published works."

"Does he really need to promote his works right now?" I whispered to Ron who giggled. Hermione heard and shushed us.

"Let me introduce my assistant Professor Snape. He has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration. Now I don't want any of you youngsters to worry. You'll still have your Potions Master when I'm through with him, never fear!" said Professor Lockhart confidently.

Professor Lockhart and Professor Snape faced each other and bowed. They turned and walked around ten paces, then spun with wands ready like swords.

"As you can see, we are holding our wands in the accepted combative position. On the count of three, we will cast our first spells. Neither of us will be aiming to kill, of course" Professor Lockhart explained to everyone.

"I wouldn't bet on that." said Harry while looking at Professor Snape."One-Two-Three."
"Expelliarmus!"

A dazzling flash of scarlet light bursts forth and blasted at Professor Lockhart and he he went flying. "Do you think he's alright?" Hermione asked with concern. "Who cares?" said Harry and Ron at the same time. Hermione glared at them so I quickly replied "I think he will be fine."

"Well, there you have it. That was a Disarming Charm. As you see, I've lost my wand." said Professor Lockhart while standing up.
Hermione went to take the wand from the ground to give it back to Professor. "Ah, thank you, Miss Granger." said Professor Lockhart when Hermione returned the wand to him. "Yes, an excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape, but if you don't mind my saying so, it was very obvious what you were about to do. If I had wanted to stop you it would have been only too easy..."

"Perhaps it would be wise to first teach the students to block unfriendly spells, Professor." suggested Professor Snape.

"An excellent suggestion, Professor
Snape. Let's have a volunteer pair. Potter, Weasley, how about you?" asked Professor Lockhart.

"Weasley's wand causes devastation with the simplest spells. We'll be sending Potter to the hospital wing in a matchbox. Might I suggest someone from my own house. Malfoy, perhaps." called Professor Snape.

Draco and Harry took their place on the stage and bow down to each other. I saw Draco give a smirk. Then he said to Harry, "Scared, Potter?"
"You wish." Harry replied with confidence.

They both turned around and walked around 10 paces then spun and held the wands towards each other.

"Wands at the ready! When I count to three, cast your charms to disarm your opponent -- only to disarm. We don't want any
accidents. One, two-" Draco fires early, making Harry soar in the air. Harry points his wand at Draco while yelling out "Rictusempra!"

Draco then goes flying and lands on the stage with a big thud. I could see Professor Snape was disappointed just by looking at his face.

"Remember, I said disarm only!" Professor Lockhart reminded. "Serpensortia!" Draco's wand bursted with light and a big, long green coloured snake had appeared from Draco's wand. Professor Snape was smiling with amusement.

The snake was slithering towards Harry. Harry started to walk backwards."Don't move, Potter. I'll get rid of it for you." said Professor Snape.
"Allow me!" Quickly Professor Lockhart flicks his wand. Then Bang! The snake goes flying up in the air and hisses in rage, slowly slithering straight towards Justin Finch-Fletchley.

Everyone started to scream. "Everyone calm down." I tried to tell everyone. But no one listened. Then Harry started talking in this weird language that no one understood. After Harry said what he could. It seemed like that the snake understood what Harry said.

"Vipera Evanesca." said Professor Snape as he pointed his wand at the snake. The snake immediately disappeared in the thin air.

"What are you playing at?" Justin asked Harry. Everyone was terrified so Professor Lockhart concluded by saying "Alright. Well that's all for today. Thank all for coming. Have a great night"

A/N
Omg! thank you so much for reading my book! I have over 500 reads! This is so incredible!! Thank you so much!<3