Gone...

Y/N POV
The next day...
We were walking along the school field during lunch breaks, talking about the Chamber of Secrets. Nothing really interesting popped up until Harry said "Guys. It was Hagrid. He opened the Chamber of Secrets 50 years ago!"

"What? It can't be Hagrid. It just can't be" I replied. "Yeah. We don't even know this Riddle. He sounds like a dirty, rotten
snitch to me." said Ron.
"The monster had killed someone, Ron. What would any of us done?" Harry impatiently said.
"Look. Hagrid's our friend. Why don't we just go ask him about it-?" Hermione got cut off.

"Oh hello? Look who we have here? Scar head, Weasley bee and the two Mud-Bloods."
"Stop calling us any of those names Malfoy. It's pathetic and rude, just like you are." I snapped back.

"Ouch. I'll take that as an insult." He smirked. "Look. If you have nothing nice to say just bug off! And mind your own business!" I yelled.

Mostly everyone on the field looked our way which made out conversation a tiny bit awkward. "Geez. No need to get all grumpy about it L/N. You guys are lucky that I'm letting you go just for today." spat Malfoy, then he walked off.

...

We went over to Hagrid's hut and knocked loudly on the door. "Oh hello guys! Come on in." Hagrid motioned us to come in.

"Hello, Hagrid. Tell us, have you been setting anything mad and hairy loose in the castle lately?" Asked Ron. We all gave him a look.

"Mad and hairy? Wouldn't be talking about me, now would yeh?" chuckled Hagrid. "NO! OF COURSE NOT!" Harry shouted.

Hagrid instantly laid his eyes on us and looked at us curiously. We all looked at each other.
I decided to break the silence "What's that you've got, Hagrid?" I said while pointing to something an object in his hand.

"Flesh-Eating Slug Repellent. For the Mandrakes, yeh know. According to Professor Sprout, they still got a bit of growing up to do, but once their acne clears up, we'll be able to chop them up, stew them, and get those people in the hospital un-Petrified. Until then, you all best watch yourselves, all right?"

"Yes." I replied. Suddenly, Neville came dashing into the hut, looking all pale with a frighten look on his face. "Harry, I don't know who did it, but... you'd better come."

We all followed Neville out of Hagrid's hut and ran towards the Gryffindor common room. Once we got to the common room Neville took Harry and Ron up into their dormitory. Hermione and I weren't allowed since we're girls.

A few moments later Harry and Ron came back down. "My trunks and drawers were all flung open and everything around my area was touched." Harry told us.

"It has to be a Gryffindor. Nobody else knows our password. Unless, it wasn't a student..." said Hermione, suspiciously.

"Well, whoever it was, they were looking for something." I said angrily.

"And they found it... Tom Riddle's diary is gone." Harry mumbled quietly.

"What?" Hermione and I both say.