Chapter Twenty-Six: Food, Sleep, and Mates

Peter's POV

We went to my room to talk, but we only did that for about half a hour before we both fell asleep.

I don't remember who fell asleep first, but it was probably around the same time. We both have been very tired lately. Don't really know why though.

Anyway, I was the first one to wake up, so I did what anyone would do, I woke August up as well. To say he wasn't happy would be an understatement. He was so mad. I thought I would die.

"I hate you so much. You are the worst friend ever."

I laugh as we walk down the stairs to get food. I'm craving cheese, bread, and pickles so much right now!

"I love you too."

I blow him a kiss, and he just rolls his eyes and pouts. He loves me. I know he does.

You keep telling yourself that, Peter.

"Oh shut up! Where have you been for the last couple days? Hm?! You only started talking me again earlier today!"

I have been getting everything ready for the baby. You know how children don't remember a thing until they're a little older?

"Yes."

Well, that's because I take care of their wolf until I deem them ready to guide the baby. Of course the pup isn't instantly grown in their head. They grow with the child. It's honestly such a privilege to do it, and you can help to, Peter.

"Really?! So not only do I get to raise my pup, but also their wolf! This is amazing!"

Yes, it is. I gotta go now. Bye! So much to do! And don't tell August about this yet. I will tell you when his wolf tells him, okay?

"Okay! Bye!"

"Yes!"

August looks at me surprisingly and blinks a little bit. "What?"

I laugh nervously. "Oh. Uh...nothing."

"It doesn't sound like nothing."

"It's nothing, really."

He huffs. "Fine."

I smile and put my arms around my middle. We walk into the kitchen, and I get what I wanted then go into the living room to eat it.

August gets some cheese puffs, which I got earlier. We both are so obsessed with them right now. I love puffs so much! They are the best things ever. I don't think the human race can get any more advanced than puffs.

We sit down and start to watch Supernatural. I really love this show! Dean and Cas need to get together already. I am about to have a mental breakdown if they don't!

"Sam is so fucking hot. Like, holy shit. Can humans get prettier than this?"

I nod in agreement with the other omega. "I don't think so, but I think Jake is hotter."