Chapter Thirty-Eight: The Nursery Part 2

Peter's POV

I groan as I sit down next to Rin. Today has been a long day. Those triplets are a handful...

Rin groans as well.

"I know why I'm groaning. Why are you?"

She looks at me and rubs her eyes. "Shi's being a butt."

"Ah. A lover's quarrel."

She looks at me and scowls. "We're not lovers. We're just friends with benefits. Why do I have to keep explaining this!?"

I looked at her surprised. "Well, it's just you and Shi seem really close. Like, fucking close, so I guess I just assumed..."

"Well, stop assuming."

I sit there shocked, as she leans against the couch, her head on the top cushions, since we are in the living room.

Gabe comes in with some tea and a book and bends down to sit down, but Rin says something.

She groans out of frustration, and says, "God damn! I just want to strangle something!"

Gabe didn't even sit down, and he's already getting up from the couch saying 'nope' over and over again.

"Rin, what happened?"

"I don't know. Shi has just been so clingy and restless. Keeps asking me if we're really truly friends..."

Weird. Jake did the same thing right before I found out I was pregnant, but maybe that's just Shi...

"Weird. You definitely picked a strange one."

My sister nods in agreement. "And mom has been so moody! Constantly bossing me and momma around! You're pregnant too, so you get a pass. I'm jealous."

I laugh. "Of me being pregnant?"

"No! I said I'm jealous of you not getting yelled at! I get yelled at cause I rubbed her feet the wrong way! With all of that on top of Shi, it's just been aggravating."

I nod my head slowly in agreement. "I understand."

"Besides that, how have you been? What about Bug?"

I go to answer, but Vivaan comes down the stairs yelling my name.

"Peter! Peter! Come back right now! You said a five minute break, and it's been ten. Come back right now, young man!"

Where's my mate when I need him? I wish I had some pre-Luna stuff to do to get out of this, but I'm gonna have to deal with this all day in a couple years... yay...

"See ya later, brother. I have to go back to mom, so you can't complain!"

I smile and go with Vivaan. "Sorry I took so long. I started talking to Rin. It feels like we never talk anymore. I guess we're both busy, but still. We used to talk all the time, now we don't. Sorry, I just spilled all that out to you..."

She smiles at me and puts her hand on my shoulder and squeezes for comfort. "It's okay, Peter. I understand. Kids can be hard, but this is helping you practice. We should probably even drag Jake over here to help."

I laugh and nod. "Yeah. That would be something. Hey, if both of us are here, who's watching the kids?" I ask worriedly.

"August. He finally came back from Damon. Who needs four freaking hours?!"

My brows furrow, and I look at her. "Did you not hear?"

Her face contorts into a hilarious face of confusion, and I laugh a little bit stop soon after. Now's not the time. "I haven't heard anything."