Chapter Thirty-Six: Children

Peter's POV

"Peter! Jake's back!"

I hear this and instantly run (waddle) down stairs.

"Jake!"

I run (again, waddle) over to him and kiss him all over before kissing him on the cheek.

"I missed you so much, baby," my mate says to me, and I feel like crying.

He was literally gone not even a day. What's wrong with me?

"Did you get him? Did you get Bates?" I ask him, hopeful everything went out as planned.

He looks at me hesitantly, and I get scared. "Well, why don't we go inside for this?"

I looked at him confused, but then I hear someone say my name, or at least someone trying to say my name.

"Petah! Petah!"

I look behind Jake, and my eyebrows scrunch up in confusion and worry.

"Leanian? What are you doing here? Jake, what's he doing here?"

"We should go inside."

I nod my head and go over to Leanian, and he looks like he's been crying. I see a little girl next to him, but she's sleeping, so I go to pick her up.

"Leanian, love, lets go inside, ok? And who's this?" I ask, smiling kindly as he takes my hand as I try my best to pick up who I'm guessing is his sister.

"My sissy. Her name's Darling. I also have a brother now. He's a baby. His name is Luke!"

"Wow! That's great! Where is he?" I ask as a motion for Jake to come over to me real quick.

"He's went with someone to the nursery. I think that's how you say it."

I coo at his cuteness, but I turn to Jake confused. "Who took his brother to the nursery?"

"Alissa did. Don't worry. I think she's going to try and convince Choyo to adopt them."

I nod and smile, as Jake leaves to go talk with more people.

They've been trying for awhile now to have a kid, since they're both in their twenties, but to no avail. I feel bad for them, but maybe this is their chance to have children.

"Let's get your sister I nice bed to sleep on, Okay?" I smile at him, and he does the same to me and nods.

I feel so bad that they have to go through this at such a young age. This is a pack for lost and unwanted, though none of them are lost or unwanted. The oldest is only five! I don't know what kind of point I was trying to make to myself...

You really are an idiot, you know that?

"Oh shut up, Jason! You really came out of preparing for my pup just to tell me that?"

Our pup. And yes, yes I did. It needed to be said.

"Whatever! Just go back to preparing!"