Chapter Fourty: Surprises

Peter's POV

I wake up happy, snuggling next to my mate. My leg is over his hip, and his hand is subconsciously rubbing my bump while he sleeps. So cute.

I snuggle closer to him. Damn it. Monday is tomorrow. That means he's leaving for school again. I wish he could be with me and Bug all the time.

I fall back asleep only to wake up about a hour later by Jake's voice.

"Do you think mommy will be surprised? I think he will. Hopefully I'll get a good reply, right Bug? I can't wait to hold you. I bet you're going to be gorgeous and the most precious thing in the world. I'm gonna be a great dad for you. I promise," Jake says, kissing my belly. Bug kicks where he kicked as a reply.

I open my eyes and look at him. "What is this surprise you need to show me?"

He looks at me, and his eyes go wide, his lips puckering into a tight kissy lip face.

"Uh... Bug, help me out here..."

I laugh. "What's the surprise, Jake. I want to know!"

He smiles at me sheepishly. "You weren't supposed to know until later today, but I guess I could show you now. Come on."

I smile wide, and he helps me up, kissing me on my lips.

I put on my Birks and grab Jake's hand, letting him lead me to where we are going to go.

He walks outside, and I give him a questioning look. He just looks at me and smirks.

"Are you leading me out here to kill me?"

He laughs. "No. I would never," he say, giving me a crazed look, which makes me laugh.

He leads me somewhere a little into the woods. He covers my eyes, and I stiffen a bit, but I trust him, so I let him lead me for about a minute like this.

"Ok, open your eyes now." He takes his hands off my eyes, and I'm left speechless.

I look at the house in front of me, and I start to tear up.

"Oh my god. You didn't..."

I walk up to the house, feeling it; it's so perfect.

"It has four bedrooms. One for us. One for Bug. And two more if we want anymore after Bug."

"I want to have ten more with you now."

He laughs. "Do you like it?"

"I love it, Jake. It's so perfect."

(Imagine this, but bigger)

"The inside doesn't have any furniture. I wanted you to pick it out."