Chapter Twenty-Seven: All About August

(Hey, guys! So, this chapter will be in August's POV. Yay! I'm going to call this the AAA chapter, since it's the abbreviation for the name for this chapter. I hope you like it in his POV. I think it was about time we see into He his mind, don't ya think? Well, let's get on with it!)

August's POV

I wake up and spread my hand to feel for my mate, but I don't feel anything.

I whine once again, like every other morning. I don't know why I keep hoping. I really do think that this is all a big dream sometimes, and that my mate will be here with me to help me through my pregnancy. He's never here though. He pushed me away, just like my dad.

I don't know why I keep trusting alphas. I don't know why I keep trusting people. They keep letting me down. Well, Peter hasn't. Nor Jake, and he's an Alpha. It's just fucking Damon I need to watch out for.

If he thinks he can crush me and leave me on his bloody sheets after he did unthinkable things to me, he has another thing comin'.

When he came a month ago, I was dreading it, but I was also so happy. And I hate myself for it. He's not good for me or my pup. But I'm letting him see em' anyway. I don't know why. I just can't say no to him, and I hate it. He comes every week though, just like he said he would, and sometimes he 'just so happens' to be at the same place as me at the same time. He's coming over again today. Not fun.

He acted like a sweet father and mate for a second there when he kissed my belly, but that's definitely not enough for me to completely trust him. That would just be fucking stupid.

I'm scared as to how he will be as a parent. I'm scared as to how I will be as a parent.

I think I've learned from my parents' mistakes, and I've learned from my sister's love for me.

I haven't seen Amarani, my sister, since the day before my birthday, the day everything happened. She had to go fight for our country. I didn't want her to go, nor did her mate. My sister is mated to a nice beta. I love her like a sister as well. We've been texting a lot lately, and we're going to meet up soon.

We're both pregnant. It seems like everyone is, apparently. It is my sister's, Amelia's, my sister's mate, story checks out.

All the time people say that they're too pretty for each other

All the time people say that they're too pretty for each other. That they don't look good together because of it. Fuck those people. They're just jealous that my sisters have someone gorgeous to mate with, and they don't.

I miss my sister all the time. It never ends, but I feel more comforted with my baby in my belly.

I smile a big grin and put my hands on my stomach.