Chapter 12 - Simon

Author's note: sorry for taking so long! My boyfriend and I bought a house, so we've been busy moving and stuff. This chapter is a bit of a filler chapter, not that exciting. I pomise that things will kick off soon, with everyone getting leads on helping Demona. On top of that, I am planning some fun scenes as well, because the book is a bit depressing right now with everyone mourning Dem. I have a great chapter planned where Anne and Eros do done bonding. And some dancing! I hope you'll keep on reading! ENJOY

Simon's point of view

"Bye, Mom!"

I kept waving until my parents' car was completely out of sight. I was one of the only lucky ones around here who had actually spent Mother's Day with their own mother. Eros was in Springfield on his own, Dylan was with Demona's mother – which was actually pretty sweet – and most people at school were acting like it was just a regular old Sunday. I guess I was lucky that my relationship with my parents was pretty good. We'd had our differences, but the past year had been pretty good. I knew I had Demona to thank for a big part of that.

Strangely, I hadn't talked about Demona all that much today. I'd just enjoyed being out of the school and the hospital far a day, spending the day with my parents. Of course, Mom had asked about my love life. She always did. To my own surprise, I had told her that I was seeing a girl.

When I walked into the hospital to spend the last hour before curfew at Demona's bedside, that very girl was sitting in the waiting room, staring at the wall.

"Sheila!" I was surprise at how happy I was to see her. Maybe Anne had been right. I wasn't the kind of person who have casual hook-ups. When I liked someone, I was all in.

"Simon!" She sounded just as excited to see me as I had. "I wasn't expecting you here tonight."

I sat down to her and leaned in to give her a kiss. She smiled against my lips before responding, taking control like she always did. I hadn't meant for it to be more than a peck, but soon we were kissing like we were alone in my bedroom instead of sitting in a hospital. When we broke apart, she rested her forehead against mine and sighed. "You have no idea how happy I am to see you."

I wanted to answer her in kind, but at that moment, Eros shut off our connection. I knew for a fact he'd been drinking, so that worried me. I trusted that he would keep himself somewhat in check, but I still worried. I couldn't help but feel like I needed to check in every now and then to make sure he was okay. Him going off on a lonesome road trip might not have been such a great idea after all.

"Are you okay?" Sheila asked, putting some space between us so she could look at me.

I shrugged. "Eros."

"Oh." She nodded in understanding.

I decided to give Eros a moment before trying to tear down his walls. He wasn't great at keeping it up when he was sad and distracted – which he pretty much always was these days – so that wouldn't take too much time or effort.

"Why aren't you in there?" I gestured to Dem's room. "Surely you're not here to stare at the wall?"

She smiled. "Anne is in there and it seemed like she needed a moment alone with Demona. I was just taking a moment to collect my thoughts before I'd drive back to school."

"I'm glad you're here," I told her.

"Me too."

Our eyes locked and before I had consciously decided to do so, we were kissing again. She pulled me close and deepened the kiss, making me moan.