Chapter 39 - Demona

I can't wait to hear what you guys think about this new chapter. I am so excited to be writing from Dem's POV again. Writing as Eros, Dylan and Simon was fun, but Dem's mind is the place I feel most comfortable when push comes to shove. I hope it shows!

Demona's point of view

"What did you expect?" I heard Dylan say, his tone annoyed. It was the exact tone of voice he usually reserved especially for me. "Did you think the powers would just disappear?"

I wasn't sure why, but something told me I should pretend to be asleep for a little while longer. I was probably still in the hospital and it felt like I was in a bed. The atmosphere around me was tense and I was curious to hear why Dylan was angry and who he was arguing with.

"I don't understand why you're angry with me," a woman's voice said. She sounded familiar and even more aggravated than Dylan was. "Every time something doesn't go exactly as you planned, I seem to get angry phone calls. All I've done so far is to go above and beyond to help you. Demona, Eros, everyone. This is not in my job description, you know? Getting yelled at by angry teenagers is not what I signed up for."

"Well boohoo," Dylan spat. "And Eros and I aren't teenagers anymore. So joke's on you."

"Look..." My mother's voice was soothing. "All this fighting isn't going to fix anything. Cornelia, we all appreciate you coming here and helping us out once more. We just want to figure out what is happening to Demona and how we can stop it. Dylan is emotional. His cousin just woke up from a coma. Surely you can understand that he's not being himself right now."

"I know Dylan well enough by now that I know that this is exactly who he is," Cornelia Eisenburg responded, her voice a bit softer nonetheless. A KTS official in my hospital room? The big guns were in on this, huh?

"We already know what happened," Dylan grunted. He sounded like he wanted to punch something. "She's got Eros' old mind control and she used it on us. Probably without even realizing what she was doing. We're lucky all she wanted to do was see her friends. If she'd compelled me to put her in a car and take her far away from here, I'd have done it. Eros compelled me plenty of times, but this was stronger, Cornelia. It felt like Benjamin Foul to me. The way he wields his powers. Maximum invasion of the mind. This didn't feel like someone trying out her new powers for the first time. It felt... ancient."

"Don't be melodramatic," Cornelia sighed. "Her powers are strong, yes. If they weren't, she wouldn't have been in a coma this long. Or she'd at least have woken up immediately when we removed Benjamin's compulsion from her. It's not all that strange that she can control minds now."

"The moment she woke up?" Dylan replied. "That soon, really? Is that normal?"

"No!" She was getting angry again. "No, Dylan, none of this is normal. If you keep talking to me like I just tried to kill the girl, I'm going to leave here and have my colleagues take over completely. Is that what you want?"

"Jill Radecki and Carrick Combright?" He sounded disgusted, just like I felt at the mention of those names. "No, thanks. I'll reel it in. Besides, Demona is awake. Probably has been for a while now, so we might want to stop talking about her like she's still asleep."

"How did you know?" I asked, opening my eyes and meeting his annoyed gaze.

He rolled his eyes. "Your breathing got ragged and you clenched your hands into fists. You've got to work a bit harder to make me buy into your little acts. You know that, Demona."

I sat up and pushed the blanket away from me. It was hot in here. My mother saw what I was doing and she immediately went to open the window. Aside from being a bit overheated, I felt absolutely fine. Way better than I had before. There was no pain left in my body, everything moved as it should and I was convinced I could get around without a wheelchair or even Dylan helping me. Not that I was getting out of bed right now. There were a few things that needed my attention first.

Supernatural Boarding School #3 - A Brush of Death ✅जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें