Chapter 56 - Demona

Demona's point of view

Finally, I was in the same room with both Eros and Simon again. There wasn't even a magical glass wall between us. Instead, we were just standing there, staring at each other. I had been aching for this moment to arrive, since I had completed the transition three days ago. Technically, Eros and I could have done this the moment I stopped puking and the bloodlust died down, but it hadn't felt right without Simon. Even though he didn't have a part to play in this, he needed to be there. He'd been there every step of the way. It seemed only right for him to be there when I handed my power over to Eros and we all became the people we needed to be.

So there we were, all completely done with the transition into supernatural beings. I had seen Eros every day since he'd become a full vampire, but I was seeing Simon as a full fairy for the very first time. Honestly, none of us truly looked all that different. Simon stood a little taller, perhaps. And I had combed my hair and put on a dress, but that was hardly a huge change. Why did we all keep expecting to look different when he had seen first-hand with Sam and Dylan that the transition didn't turn you into a completely different person? We had been changing for years already, Simon and Eros even way longer than the two years it had taken me, so it would be ridiculous for all of the changes to happen in just three days. The biggest changes – fangs, magic, forming bonds – had already happened a long time ago.

"If you are done staring at each other like a bunch of idiots, just let us know," Hammerhead said dryly. "Us adults have more important things to do you know; run a school, keep humans from freaking out when they get bitten by a rogue vampire, see my girlfriend..."

Eros laughed and looked over his shoulder at him, Mr. Combright and Cornelia. "Don't worry, we will stop staring. We'll probably always be idiots, though."

"Ready?" Cornelia asked, her expression way more serious that Hammerhead's.

"Completely," I replied, holding out my hands towards Eros.

Simon took a step back, joining the three adults on the sidelines. The only ones who truly needed to be here were Eros and I. We were the ones doing the power swap after all. They were just present for moral support and to make sure we wouldn't... Well, I wasn't even sure what could go wrong at this point. What could we possibly do? Explode? Start making out? Compel them together?

The moment Eros and I held hands, I knew I could easily let the compulsion flow into him. We had done it before. Many times, in fact. This time was supposed to be different though; it was permanent. Sure, I would get the power back when we decided to get... intimate, but it would never truly belong to me ever again. In many ways, I felt like it never truly had. This was a big moment; the moment I got my life back, the moment that Eros and me living together would become a reality. I wanted to mark the moment in some way.

"Kiss me," I said, locking eyes with him.

"Guys..." Hammerhead cleared his throat. "I get that this is a big, life-defining moment for you and everything, but it's also just a power swap. Trust me, you don't need to get all... sappy."

"Let them." To my surprise, it was Cornelia who spoke up. "If they want to kiss, let them kiss. As you said, it's a life-defining moment. Let them decide how they want to do this."

Eros smiled and released my hands, putting one on my hip and the other in my hair. "Come on then," he whispered. "Let's do this."

It was the first kiss we shared since that horrible night where I'd compelled him to get naked with me. I had worried that things might be weird between us, but the opposite was true. As I kissed him I felt like I was home. I pretty much glued myself against him, grabbing his hair and kissing him so hard it hurt.