Chapter 49 - Demona

Demona's point of view

Blood tasted so much better straight from the vein than from a cup or a blood bag. This was the way vampires were supposed to feed. The feeling of piercing flesh with my fangs was something my body had been craving for weeks. It felt too good to be wrong.

The seducing mist of my compulsion was keeping a tight grip on Eros and Simon through the bond, making it impossible for them to move. Greg was strong, for a human, but he was no match for me. I was the strongest I had ever been and I could feel him growing weaker by the second, the blood loss taking a toll on him already.

"Demona!" Anne's hands grabbed my shoulders, trying to get me away from him. "Please!"

In the back of my mind, I could feel both Simon and Eros fighting me as well, and some part of me slowly started to realize what I was doing, registering the fact that Greg had slumped down and his breathing was shallow.

There was, however, still the taste of warm blood in my mouth, overruling all my other senses. When Anne shook me, I swatted her away like a fly. I heard a thump in the background, but I didn't look. All of my attention was on Greg's sweet, sweet blood.

"What. The. Fuck."

Before I could register whose voice I heard behind me, two strong hands grabbed me and my fangs were torn away from Greg's arm. I lashed at my attacker with the tendrils of mist, but when I finally connected with his mind, Eros and Simon were already free of my control, fighting me with both their minds and bodies.

Even fueled by the consumption of so much fresh blood, the man holding me down was too much. On top of that, the realization of what I'd just done was seeping in, filling me with regret. The smell of blood was too strong for me to think straight, so I was almost grateful for Eros grabbing me around the waist and pushing me out of the apartment and into the hallway. I could still feel my bloodlust raging inside of me, but not as bad as it had been in there.

"Get a grip," he hissed, his eyes intent on mine. "take a deep breath and stop it."

I did as he said, trying to calm down my breathing and all of the emotions and powers swirling through my mind. Before I had a chance to regain my composure, a wall of magic hit me straight in the face, accompanied by the sharp voice of Cornelia, shouting out incantations. My body became completely motionless. I could still see, hear and feel, I just couldn't move anymore.

"Lock her in the car," she ordered Eros.

He picked me up and did as she said, easily handling me now that I could no longer fight him. My body awkwardly slumped against the soft material of the back seat. I expected Eros to get in with me, but he just touched my face lightly before shutting the car door and heading back to the apartment. I still couldn't move and when I spotted Mr. Combright in the front seat, his eyes on me and his mouth muttering spells, I understood why. He was my prison guard, making sure I couldn't do any more damage.

I wished I knew what was going on in there, if Anne and Greg were okay. I was finally calm enough to replay everything that had happened in my mind, which made me want to cry. Tears did manage to slip out, but I couldn't wipe them off. All I wanted was to curl up and bawl, but I had to settle for just sitting there, frozen, feeling the tears drip from my chin onto my shirt. There was a lot of pent-up energy inside of me, since I had just drank pretty much all of Greg's blood, so I pushed it all out and into Eros and Simon. I didn't need it. I didn't deserve it.

The car door opened and Cornelia told Combright to not let his hold on me waver for even a second. Her gaze landed on me next and I couldn't help but feel sorry for her. Here she was, a powerful witch, a high official at KTS, in charge of handling a bunch of misbehaving teenagers. She looked exhausted, like she needed a whole week of sleep to get better.